A house clearance takes lots of time and effort, whether you’re emptying a bungalow, terraced house, semi-detached property, or five-bedroom cottage. Even if you’re just getting rid of a few bits of old furniture to replace a living room suite it’s still a big job. With Divert we can make your house clearance quick and easy.
Our professional team are flexible to help clear any size and type of house, wherever and whenever you need a hand. They’ll do all the heavy lifting and shifting and transport the waste for responsible disposal away from landfill.
Get a quick quote
Get a fast FREE quote for your house clearance
- Quote within 1 hour
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- Nationwide coverage
What items can you
remove in a house clearance?
House clearances throw up all sorts of waste items, from clothing, ceramics and old paint tins to old electronic devices anything from old computers to fire alarms and unwanted toys. At Divert we collect all kinds of rubbish, including furniture, bulky items such as old bedframes and fridges, bags of junk, and anything else you come across and want rid of.
Some of the most common items we remove in house clearances include:
- Furniture – sofas, beds, wardrobes, tables and chairs
- Carpets – tufted and woven carpets, rugs
- Electrical waste – TVs, computers, and lights
- White goods – fridge freezers, washing machines, and tumble driers
- Bags of junk – old clothes, books, crockery, and bric-a-brac
- Garden waste – sheds, garden furniture, and old fencing
Anything that classes as hazardous waste, such as an old oil tank, must be removed separately.
Sustainable house clearances
We all love to have a clear-out now and then – and often, we realise we’re hoarding tons of stuff we don’t need or know what to do with. Whatever random bits of tat you’ve collected, we know exactly what to do with everything you give us. We divert waste away from landfill as much as possible with quick, flexible, and on-demand rubbish collection.
At Divert, we’re passionate and dedicated to helping the environment. Responsible management of your house and garage waste removal is at the heart of this. The sustainable clearance of waste plays an integral role in the environment, but it also has a massive impact on people’s health and the conservation of valuable resources.
Waste can cause dangerous levels of air pollution, which can also mix with chemicals in the air and cause breathing issues. Rotting garbage also leads to nausea and other health conditions. However, the modern solution is to use bacteria to encourage quicker decomposition to take place.
With our services, you can rest assured that your waste is dealt with in a way that is sustainable and safe, using the best and most responsible technology available.
How a house clearance works
Get a free quote tailored to your house clearance needs. Simply tell us what waste you need removing, where from, and when. We’ll provide a free no obligation quote for your house clearance. If you’re happy with the price then we can book a time and date to get it done.
One of our purple vans and a couple of our professional team will come to the property on the day. They’ll lift, carry, and load all the requested waste into the van – so you can sit back and relax as everything’s cleared. Please let us know if anything will need more than two pairs of hands to shift, so we can plan efficiently.
When everything’s loaded up they’ll drive to a nearby waste transfer station to dispose of everything responsibly. Your household waste will be checked and sorted, then sent for recycling, reuse, or responsible disposal based on its type. As much as possible is diverted away from landfill and some items may be incinerated in line with environmental guidelines.
Who needs a house clearance?
Our house clearance services aren’t just for when you’re moving home. They’re designed to help when you’ve got lots of waste or some big and bulky items that need removing. It makes situations such as preparing for a new bathroom suite, having a spring clean, or getting rid of an old carpet quick and easy.
Some of the main times you can benefit from our house clearance services are when:
- You’re moving home and need to dispose of bags of waste and bulky items you won’t be taking with you to your new house.
- As a landlord, you have to get rid of waste and items left behind by previous tenants, such as an old mattress.
- Having a spring clean or clearing the garage and realising you’ve suddenly got too much waste to take to the tip.
- After a bereavement, you’re clearing a house to put it on the market and have no use for some household items and waste.
- Replacing furniture, such as upgrading to a bigger child’s bed or getting a more energy-efficient fridge, and needing to get rid of old items.
Get a free quote
Where can I arrange a house clearance?
Arrange a house clearance anywhere in the country with Divert. We can help remove waste from terraced houses and bungalows to detached homes, flats, and house shares. Our house clearance services are available in many areas of the UK. Some of the main places where we offer house clearance services include:
And arrange your free bin and your collection
- Cardboard Recycling in Leeds
- House Clearance in Leeds
- Man with a Van in Bradford
- Batley Waste Management
- Bradford Bin Collection
- Bradford Rubbish Removal
- Bradford Waste Management
- Bulky Waste Collection In Bradford
- Bulky Waste Collection in Harrogate
- Bulky Waste Collection in Leeds
- Bulky Waste Collection in Wakefield
- Bulky Waste Collection In York
- Cardboard Recycling In Bradford
- Cardboard Recycling in Harrogate
- Cardboard Recycling in Wakefield
- Cardboard Recycling In York
- Castleford Waste Management
- Chapel Allerton Waste Management
- Clinical Daste Derby
- Clinical Waste Birmingham
- Clinical Waste Bournemouth
- Clinical Waste Bradford
- Clinical Waste Bristol
- Clinical Waste Cardiff
- Clinical Waste Coventry
- Clinical Waste Disposal Harrogate
- Clinical Waste Edinburgh
- Clinical Waste Glasgow
- Clinical Waste Leeds
- Clinical Waste Leicester
- Clinical Waste Liverpool
- Clinical Waste London
- Clinical Waste Manchester
- Clinical Waste Middlesbrough
- Clinical Waste Newcastle
- Clinical Waste Nottingham
- Clinical Waste Sheffield
- Clinical Waste Southampton
- Clinical Waste Stoke on Trent
- Clinical Waste York
- Dewsbury Waste Management
- Dry Mixed Recycling In Bradford
- Dry Mixed Recycling in Harrogate
- Dry Mixed Recycling in Leeds
- Dry Mixed Recycling in Wakefield
- Dry Mixed Recycling In York
- Electrical Waste Collection in Harrogate
- Food Waste Collection In York
- Food Waste In Bradford
- Food Waste in Harrogate
- Food Waste in Leeds
- Food Waste in Wakefield
- Fridge And Freezer Collection In Bradford
- Fridge Freezer Collection in Wakefield
- Fridge Freezer Collection In York
- Fridge Freezer Removal in Harrogate
- Fridge Freezer Removal in Leeds
- Furniture Removal In Bradford
- Furniture Removal In Harrogate
- Furniture Removal in Wakefield
- Furniture Removal In York
- Garden Waste Collection in Harrogate
- Garden Waste Collection In Leeds
- Garden Waste Collection in Wakefield
- Garden Waste Collection In York
- Garden Waste In Bradford
- General Waste Collection In York
- General Waste In Bradford
- General Waste in Harrogate
- General Waste in Leeds
- General Waste in Wakefield
- Glass Waste Collection In Leeds
- Glass Waste Collection in York
- Glass Waste In Bradford
- Glass Waste in Harrogate
- Glass Waste in Wakefield
- Guiseley Waste Management
- Harrogate Bin Collection
- Harrogate Waste Management
- Headingley Waste Management
- Horsforth Waste Management
- Ilkley Waste Management
- Keighley Waste Management
- Kirkstall Waste Management
- Knaresborough Waste Management
- Leeds Bin Collection
- Leeds Waste Management
- Malton Waste Management
- Man with a Van in Harrogate
- Man with a Van in Leeds
- Man with a Van in Wakefield
- Man With A Van York
- Mattress Collection in Bradford
- Mattress Collection in Harrogate
- Mattress Collection In Leeds
- Mattress Collection in Wakefield
- Mattress Collection In York
- Morley Waste Management
- Office Clearance in Bradford
- Office Clearance in Harrogate
- Office Clearance in Leeds
- Office Clearance in Wakefield
- Office Clearance In York
- Otley Waste Management
- Pontefract Waste Management
- Pudsey Waste Management
- Ripon Waste Management
- Rubbish Removal in Harrogate
- Rubbish Removal In Leeds
- Rubbish Removal in Wakefield
- Rubbish Removal In York
- Selby Waste Management
- Skip Bag Hire York
- Skipton Waste Management
- Sofa Collection in Wakefield
- Sofa Removal In Bradford
- Sofa Removal in Harrogate
- Sofa Removal in Leeds
- Sofa Removal In York
- Tadcaster Waste Management
- Thirsk Waste Management
- Wakefield Bin Collection
- Wakefield Waste Management
- Waste Collection Birmingham
- Waste collection Edinburgh
- Waste Collection Leicester
- Waste Collection London
- Waste Collection Manchester
- Waste Collection Middlesbrough
- Waste Collection Sheffield
- Waste Management Aberdeen
- Waste Management Barnet
- Waste Management Battersea
- Waste Management Bournemouth
- Waste Management Bristol
- Waste Management Cardiff
- Waste Management Coventry
- Waste Management Derby
- Waste Management Dudley
- Waste Management Glasgow
- Waste Management Hull
- Waste Management Islington
- Waste Management Liverpool
- Waste Management Luton
- Waste Management Milton Keynes
- Waste Management Newcastle
- Waste Management Northampton
- Waste Management Nottingham
- Waste Management Plymouth
- Waste Management Portsmouth
- Waste Management Southampton
- Waste Management Stoke on Trent
- Waste Management Swansea
- Waste Management Swindon
- Waste Management Warrington
- Waste Management Wolverhampton
- WEEE Collection In Bradford
- WEEE Collection In Leeds
- WEEE Collection in Wakefield
- WEEE Collection In York
- Wetherby Waste Management
- Yeadon Waste Management
- York Bin Collection
- York Waste Management
Why use Divert for house clearance?
Save time, effort, and money when clearing a house, or garage, or simply getting rid of domestic waste with Divert. Our professional team do all the heavy lifting and shifting to save you from any backbreaking work when disposing of big and bulky items. They work efficiently and at a time that suits you for minimum disruption to your day.
Get a free no obligation quote tailored to your house clearance needs – whether you have lots of furniture for disposal or just need a few bags of waste collecting. We provide fixed prices that include labour costs with no hidden charges or fees for straightforward budgeting.
Plus, we ensure as much household waste as possible is recycled and reused, diverting rubbish away from landfill. This helps ensure any house clearance we help with has a positive impact on the environment. Everything is removed by licensed waste carriers and disposed of responsibly in line with environmental guidelines.
- Any type of household waste removed
- Labour included
- Free no obligation quote
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Waste diverted away from landfill
Flexible house clearances
3 men arrived on time, very professional and cleared a full 3 bedroomed house in a morning.Diane
Communication excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and asked at the end if we were happy with everything. Cannot thank them enough and would recommend the company with no hesitation first class service A++++
Arrange a house clearance todayGet a free quote for a house clearance today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Tell us what you need removed, where from, and when for a tailored price. If you’ve got any questions then one of our friendly and expert team will be able to help.
Get a free quote
Where do you offer house clearance services?
Why shouldn’t skips be used for household waste clearance?
Skips are often less environmentally friendly for house clearances as each one involves two trips – firstly to deliver the skip to a property, and then to collect it once it’s full. This means more fuel is used, releasing more carbon emissions. And skips are delivered by large vehicles, which are unlikely to have a carbon-neutral delivery and collection process.
It may be difficult to find a convenient area to leave a skip, which may end up being a significant distance away from your home. Alternatively, it may require roadside drop-off and a permit (which can take extra time and cost more). Plus, you’ll have to move your waste and throw it in the skip, which takes more time and effort.
What happens to household rubbish after it’s removed from a house or garage?
Our policy is to recycle as much of your household and garage waste as possible. Your waste will be separated and deposited at recycling plants across the country, and its journey will vary depending on the material.
For example, any garden waste or wood chippings stored in your garage will be sent to composting stations, where they will be used by farmers, or converted into a fertiliser to be sold in supermarkets. Other waste will be used for energy production, which can be used to power homes.
Materials such as any plastics, glass, metals, or electrical waste will be organised once it reaches recycling facilities. If possible, these will be melted down or manufactured into everyday products that can continue to be used. This way, new materials don’t have to be produced each time something is cleared.
How can house and garage waste be reused and not disposed of?
We’re confident that most of your home and garage waste can be recycled. However, there are other ways you can reuse your waste. Many products found in homes and garages may have outlived their use for you but, could benefit someone else.
The beauty of social media is that it’s extremely easy to advertise any old toys, clothes, or furniture. And if anyone wants your old purchases you could even make a few quid off them. Alternatively, you could donate things to relevant charities, which always benefit from contributions. If something has been broken for a while, why not have a go at fixing it before throwing it away?