A house clearance in York can be a big yet unavoidable job when selling a home, clearing out after a bereavement, preparing for new tenants, or simply having a spring clean. With more than 83,000 households in York and the average small house having 27 items of furniture (excluding the garden), that’s a lot of stuff to remove.
Old furniture often makes up the bulk of junk collected during a house clearance, but it can throw up all sorts of other items. At Divert we have a range of trucks and vans of different sizes to tailor our removal solutions to your needs. And we aim to avoid sending any of your household waste to landfill.
House Clearance in York
Get a quick quote
Get a fast FREE quote for your waste
- Free quote within 1 hour
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of York
York house clearances
Our York house clearance services help you get rid of:
- Furniture – sofas, beds, and wardrobes
- Carpets – tufted and woven carpets, rugs
- WEEE – old TVs, computers, and lighting
- White goods – fridge freezers, washing machines, and dishwashers
- Bags of junk – old clothes, books, crockery, and bric-a-brac
How a house clearance in York works
Start by telling us a few details about your house clearance and furniture removal needs in York, such as a rough estimate of what needs collecting and where in York you are. We’ll provide a free no obligation quote based on this information. Then, if you want to proceed, we’ll book a time and date.
One of our Divert vans or trucks will come out to your home depending on the amount and types of household waste you’re getting rid of. Our drivers use that old Viking strength to pack up the agreed furniture and other items into the van and remove it from your property.
It’s then taken to a nearby recycling facility in York where the waste is separated by type for processing. We divert as much waste from a household clearance away from landfill as possible. This means some items will be reused, recycled, used for energy production, or incinerated – it depends on the exact waste type.
If it’s a big household clearance job in York, then our drivers might have to do more than one trip. However, we should be able to let you know this in advance.
Who needs a York house clearance?
New and existing homeowners, renters, landlords, students, and more all benefit from house clearance services in York at some point. Moving home is the main reason and there were more than 7,500 domestic property sales across York in the last year – mostly detached, semi-detached, terraced houses, and flats.
Some of the main times when you might need help with a York house clearance include when:
- Selling your home – emptying your old property before moving out
- Buying a new house – clearing out any old items left behind by the previous owner
- Leaving at the end of a tenancy – renters and students cleaning up the property
- Dealing with a death – getting rid of a loved one’s belongings
- Having a clear-out – simply tidying up your home (after putting it off for a while)
Get a free quote
Furniture collection charities in York
There are many charities across York and the surrounding area that collect old furniture from households for resale or reuse. If you’re clearing out a house and need to get rid of furniture that’s in a decent condition, this is a sustainable solution. It saves on energy and materials to recycle or create new items, reducing waste.
If you’ve got a big enough vehicle many accept drop-off donations, while some offer a free collection service. Charities where you can donate old furniture in York include:
- York Community Furniture Store – free collection of furniture for resale in York, with stores in Selby and Scarborough too.
- British Heart Foundation – fast and free furniture and electrical item collection in York.
- St Leonard’s Hospice – provide free furniture collection of items in a good condition.
- Sue Ryder – offer a furniture pick-up service for sofas, tables, wardrobes, small electricals, and more.
- Age UK – four shops across York that accept furniture and household item donations.
Why use Divert for a house clearance in York?
Get a free quote for a York house clearance with no obligation. We offer a fixed price with all labour costs included and no hidden charges, so you know all the costs upfront. Wherever your home is in York and whatever type of property – whether a house, bungalow, or flat – we can remove your household waste.
We’re based in York so know the city and surrounding area well. Our fantastic local knowledge means we provide a fast and flexible solution for collecting your waste and transporting it to a relevant recycling facility. We aim to divert all your furniture, white goods, and other household waste away from landfill to protect York’s environment.
Save time, money, and effort with a house clearance in York by using Divert to remove your waste.
- All sorts of waste removed for a York house clearance
- Household clearances anywhere in York
- Free no obligation quote for collections
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Waste diverted away from landfill
House clearances across York
Reliable furniture removal
Excellent ServiceYvonne Osborn
Used this company instead of hiring a skip. It was money well spent, they do all the hard work for you. Responded really quickly to my request and received a quote which was cheaper than skip hire. Even charged me less when they came as not quite as much rubbish as they thought. How honest is that! From start to finish excellent service. 💯 recommend.
Arrange a York house clearance todayCall 0333 444 0118 or contact us online today for a free quote for a house clearance in York. Provide a rough estimate of the type and number of items you need removed and where in the York area you’re based. Receive your tailored quote and book in your collections today – one of our local York team can answer any of your questions.
Get a free quote
Where can I book a house clearance in York?
You can arrange a house clearance anywhere in York and the surrounding area, whatever type of property you’re emptying. One of our small vans or bigger trucks can collect your household waste from inside and outside the city walls. Book collections from townhouses near The Shambles to cottages out in Sheriff Hutton and beyond.
Our household removal services in York and the surrounding towns and villages cover:
- York city centre (YO1)
- Heslington and Osbaldwick (YO10)
- Dunnington, Escrick (YO19)
- Bishopthorpe, Upper and Nether Poppleton (YO23)
- Acomb, Dringhouses (YO24)
- Bootham, Clifton (YO30)
- Heworth, Layerthorpe (YO31)
- Haxby, Wigginton (YO32)
- Elvington, Stamford Bridge (YO41)
- Pocklington, Barmby Moor (YO42)
- Boroughbridge (YO51)
- Sheriff Hutton (YO60)
- Easingwold (YO61)
- Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside (YO62)
How long does a York house clearance take?
How long a York house clearance takes depends on the type, amount, and size of everything you need removing. The ease of accessibility to get big, bulky items out of your home also affects the speed. We provide fast and flexible house clearances in York and can provide a rough estimate of how long it should take based on your needs.
How do I get rid of unwanted furniture in York?
An easy way to get rid of unwanted furniture in York is to arrange removal by Divert. We can collect old furniture at the end of its life and transport it to a recycling centre for disposal. If your furniture is still usable, then you could donate it to one of the many charity shops in and around York.