Anything that has a plug, battery, or cable is a type of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). You can’t throw this out in your household waste and recycling bins that Wakefield Council collect as such items can be hazardous. They can contaminate other waste and pollute the local ground, water, and air in landfill.
Arrange collection of your electronic waste in Wakefield for responsible disposal with Divert. We can remove everything from large electrical appliances such as fridges and TVs, as well as small devices that are broken or no longer required. All WEEE is diverted away from landfill for safe disposal.
WEEE Waste Collection in Wakefield
Get a free quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Wakefield
Card Grid Block
Electronic waste in Wakefield
We can collect a wide range of electronic waste in Wakefield, including items such as:
- Fridges and freezers
- Computers, laptops, and tablets
- Games consoles
- Stereos and speakers
- Printers and photocopiers
- Toasters and kettles
How electrical waste collection in Wakefield works
Start with a free quote for electrical waste collection in Wakefield based on the type and number of items you need removed, where from, and when. We’ll book a time and date for the collection that suits you. One of our purple vans with a couple of our professional team will visit your address at the agreed time.
They’ll lift, carry, and load all your waste electrical items into the van – saving you time and effort. This includes everything from large electronic appliances such as a washing machine to bags of smaller electrical devices. As licensed waste carriers they’ll then safely transport your WEEE to a nearby waste transfer station.
All the electronics will be removed, checked, sorted, and sent for recycling or reuse where possible. Items that work might be donated to a charity in Wakefield, while broken and unusable electronics will be recycled or disposed of responsibly. Any hazardous elements will be removed first to ensure safe disposal.
Recycling electronics involves extracting precious metals such as gold and silver for use in new electronics. Any plastic casing, metal wiring, and glass parts are also removed, separated, and recycled with their individual waste streams. Processes vary but recycling electronics ensures as much as possible is reused.
Get a free quote
Donate old electronics in Wakefield
One option if you’re getting rid of electronic devices and appliances in Wakefield that still work is to donate them. You might be upgrading or moving to a new home and unable to take them with you. Donating is a sustainable choice as it reduces the energy required for recycling and can help a good cause.
There are various charity shops in Wakefield where you can donate small electricals that work, such as laptops, toasters, and portable heaters. Some even offer free collections for large electronic appliances like fridge freezers and computers. Consider these places to donate your old electronics in Wakefield:
- Freecycle – advertise any type of electrical item online to other Wakefield residents. You can put collection required to save yourself the time, effort, and costs of delivering them too.
- RSPCA – the RSPCA shop in Wakefield shop and the Animal Centre in East Ardsley accept all sorts of working electrical items.
- Wakefield Hospice – you can donate old electronics at the Warehouse Donation Centre on Tadman Street or take advantage of their free collection service for large electrical appliances (for homes with postcodes WF1 to WF6).
- Salvation Army – small electricals can be donated to most Salvation Army charity shops in Wakefield, while the larger store in Outwood accepts some bigger electronic appliances.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – donate small electricals in the Kirkgate shop or use their free collection service for bigger WEEE items that are transported to one of the nearest depots in Leeds or Bradford.
Why use Divert for electrical waste collection in Wakefield?
Responsibly and safely dispose of any electrical waste in Wakefield with Divert. Our professional team can lift and remove large electrical appliances to save you time and effort, alongside smaller devices. As licensed waste carriers they can get rid of your WEEE safely and legally, diverting it away from landfill.
This saves business money on landfill tax when getting rid of electrical waste in Wakefield while protecting the local environment too. Get a free quote tailored to your needs that includes fixed prices and labour costs for cost-effective collections. WEEE will be removed at a time and date that suits you.
At Divert we’re based in Yorkshire too, with good connections to waste sites across the city. Our drivers and customer service team know the West Yorkshire city well, which helps us provide fast, flexible, and affordable WEEE collections anywhere in the district. Enjoy local and reliable electronic waste collections in Wakefield.
- Any type of electronic waste collected in Wakefield
- Reliable Wakefield WEEE removals
- Free no obligation quote for WEEE collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Electronic waste recycled and diverted away from landfill
Any electronic waste removed
Arrange WEEE collection in WakefieldGet a free quote for WEEE collection in Wakefield today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Just let us know what electronic items you need collecting, where from, and when for a tailored price. If you’ve got any questions or want some advice then one of our friendly and expert team can help.
Get a free quote
Where can I book electronic waste collection in Wakefield?
Arrange electronic waste collection from homes and businesses anywhere in Wakefield and the wider district. We can collect all sorts of electrical waste from anywhere with a WF postcode. Our WEEE collection services cover everywhere from city centre offices to homes in Tingley, Castleford, Dewsbury, and Birstall. Book electrical waste collection in Wakefield from:
- Wakefield city centre, Outwood, Eastmoor, and Agbrigg (WF1)
- Alverthorpe, Kirkhamgate, Newmillerdam, Sandal, Walton, and Wrenthorpe (WF2)
- Carlton, East Ardsley, Lofthouse, Robin Hood, Stanley, Thorpe, and Tingley (WF3)
- Crofton, Flockton, Horbury, Netherton, Ryhill, West Bretton, and Woolley (WF4)
- Ossett, Gawthorpe, and Healey (WF5)
- Normanton and Altofts (WF6)
- Featherstone, Ackton, Ackworth Moor Top, and Purston Jaglin (WF7)
- Pontefract, Kirk Smeaton, Little Smeaton, and Thorpe Audlin (WF8)
- South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton, Fitzwilliam, Hemsworth, and Kinsley (WF9)
- Castleford, Glasshoughton, Allerton Bywater, Ledston, and New Fryston (WF10)
- Knottingley, Brotherton, Fairburn, and Byram (WF11)
- Dewsbury, Thornhill, Briestfield, and Chickenley (WF12)
- Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury Moor, and Staincliffe (WF13)
- Mirfield, Battyeford, and Hopton (WF14)
- Liversedge, Hartshead, Hightown, and Roberttown (WF15)
- Heckmondwike (WF16)
- Batley, Birstall, Hanging Heaton, Soothill, and Staincliffe (WF17)
Where can I recycle batteries in Wakefield?
There are three main places where you can take used domestic batteries for recycling in Wakefield:
- Collection points in supermarkets across the city
- Some Bring Sites that have battery recycling banks
- All household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Wakefield – Wakefield, Glasshoughton, and South Kirkby HWRCs
Businesses must arrange commercial waste collections of any battery waste for recycling. At Divert we can collect your used batteries as part of our electronic waste collection services.
How do I dispose of a car battery in Wakefield?
You can dispose of a car battery at your local HWRC in Wakefield (Wakefield, Glasshoughton, and South Kirkby HWRCs). Alternatively, most garages in Wakefield and the wider district offer exchange services for old car batteries. For businesses, you must arrange commercial waste collection of any used car batteries.
At Divert, we can collect car batteries from your business as part of our WEEE collection services. Simply tell us the type, size, and amount of car batteries you need to dispose of, and we’ll provide a free no obligation quote for removal and responsible disposal.