Glass recycling in Wakefield is vital for every business to get rid of bottles, jars, glassware, and other glass products sustainably and responsibly. Glass is one of the most recyclable materials, so it should always be separated and sent for recycling. At Divert we make it easy, by providing free glass bins for businesses anywhere in Wakefield.
The city is home to more than 350 restaurants and a famous nightlife powered by more than 40 bars, clubs, and pubs in the lively centre. These all get through lots of glass beer, wine, and spirit bottles every day, as well as glass jars in their kitchens for all sorts of ingredients. Arrange glass waste collection in Wakefield today.
Glass Waste in Wakefield
Get a free quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Wakefield
Wakefield glass waste
Use glass bins to recycle a wide range of glass waste in Wakefield, including:
- Glass bottles – mixed colours of empty wine, beer, soft drinks, and other glass bottles.
- Glass jars – different colours of glass jars used for condiments, sauces, and other ingredients.
- Glassware – pint, wine, cocktail, and other drinking glasses that are damaged, broken or no longer needed.
How commercial glass recycling works in Wakefield
Request a free quote tailored to your needs based on the number and size of glass bins you’ll use, how often you want them collected, and where from in Wakefield. We can advise on a cost-effective solution if you need any help. Delivery and collection of glass bins will then be booked on a schedule that suits you.
The glass bins are delivered to your premises in Wakefield for free. Fill each one with any empty glass bottles, jars, glassware, and other glass waste of any colour. Stick within the weight limits to avoid overweight charges. One of our purple trucks will remove and replace your glass waste bins at the agreed time and date.
Licensed waste carriers transport your glass waste to a local waste transfer station in Wakefield. Here it’s checked, sorted, and sent for recycling at a glass recycling facility. This involves the glass waste being cleaned, crushed, heated, and moulded to create new recycled glass products.
Who needs glass waste collection in Wakefield?
Wakefield glass waste collection is essential for most businesses that need to get rid of any glass items. Bars and restaurants along Westgate, retailers in the Ridings Shopping Centre, and cafes in Newmillerdam Country Park all create lots of glass waste regularly. This must be removed by licensed waste carriers for safe and legal disposal.
Other businesses such as hairdressers, beauty salons, and spas in Wakefield also produce glass waste regularly from empty jars of beauty products.
We can collect and recycle glass waste from Wakefield businesses of any size and industry, including:
Free glass recycling bins in Wakefield
We deliver free glass recycling bins to businesses anywhere in Wakefield – you only cover the costs of collection. There are no rental, delivery, or other hidden fees with competitive and fixed collection prices. You can use one or more glass bins at the same time and arrange daily, weekly, or fortnightly collections.
- 240L glass bin – this two-wheel bin is the same size as your household wheelie bin, which holds 3 to 5 bags of waste.
Get a free quote
Why use Divert for glass recycling in Wakefield?
Save money recycling glass in Wakefield with free bins delivered to your business to store empty bottles, jars, and more safely and securely before their removal. Recycling glass in Wakefield diverts it away from landfill, which reduces how much landfill tax your organisation pays for its disposal too.
Glass recycling in Wakefield is the greenest option and helps your company do its bit for the local environment. Use the best number of glass bins and arrange a collection frequency for cost-effective glass recycling based on your needs.
We’re based in Yorkshire with connections to Wakefield waste sites, providing you with a local glass recycling service.
- All glass waste recycled in Wakefield
- Free glass recycling bins delivered
- Regular and reliable glass recycling collections
- Free no obligation quote tailored to your glass waste
- Fixed prices and cost-effective Wakefield glass recycling
Free glass bins
All glass recycled
Flexible glass waste removals
Arrange glass collection in WakefieldGet a free quote for glass collection in Wakefield – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Let us know the number of glass bins you need, how often you want them collected, and where from in Wakefield. One of our friendly and expert team can help if you’ve got any questions or want a bit of advice.
Get a free quote
Where can you collect glass waste in Wakefield?
We can collect glass from businesses anywhere in Wakefield and the surrounding towns and villages. Glass waste collections are available from anywhere with a WF postcode. This includes from bars in Wakefield city centre, restaurants in Normanton, and offices in Batley. Arrange glass waste collection in Wakefield from:
- Wakefield city centre, Outwood, Eastmoor, and Agbrigg (WF1)
- Alverthorpe, Kirkhamgate, Newmillerdam, Sandal, Walton, and Wrenthorpe (WF2)
- Carlton, East Ardsley, Lofthouse, Robin Hood, Stanley, Thorpe, and Tingley (WF3)
- Crofton, Flockton, Horbury, Netherton, Ryhill, West Bretton, and Woolley (WF4)
- Ossett, Gawthorpe, and Healey (WF5)
- Normanton and Altofts (WF6)
- Featherstone, Ackton, Ackworth Moor Top, and Purston Jaglin (WF7)
- Pontefract, Kirk Smeaton, Little Smeaton, and Thorpe Audlin (WF8)
- South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton, Fitzwilliam, Hemsworth, and Kinsley (WF9)
- Castleford, Glasshoughton, Allerton Bywater, Ledston, and New Fryston (WF10)
- Knottingley, Brotherton, Fairburn, and Byram (WF11)
- Dewsbury, Thornhill, Briestfield, and Chickenley (WF12)
- Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury Moor, and Staincliffe (WF13)
- Mirfield, Battyeford, and Hopton (WF14)
- Liversedge, Hartshead, Hightown, and Roberttown (WF15)
- Heckmondwike (WF16)
- Batley, Birstall, Hanging Heaton, Soothill, and Staincliffe (WF17)
Can you put glass in Wakefield recycling bins?
You can put glass bottles and jars in your household’s brown recycling bin provided by Wakefield Council. These must be clean, dry, and intact. You can’t use Wakefield household recycling bins to dispose of broken glass, window pane glass, drinking glasses and Pyrex dishes. Take these to your nearest HWRC to recycle.
Where can you recycle windows in Wakefield?
Glass sheets such as windows should be taken to an HWRC in Wakefield for disposal. Place them in the container for non-recyclables for safe disposal, whether the window is in one piece or broken. Windows cannot be recycled in your brown recycling bin at home or a Bring Site bottle bank.
Alternatively, arrange collection of windows by Divert. We can collect them at a time and date that suits you – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online to arrange the removal of your windows or sheet glass.