Rubbish removal in Bradford with Divert makes getting rid of big items, preparing to move home, and clearing out a property, garden, or office easy. Our Bradford waste removal services help with those one-off projects, and we can remove a wide range of rubbish types anywhere in the West Yorkshire city.
Bradford Council collect the household waste and recycling you create every day, but for large, specialist items and complete clear-outs you might need a helping hand. We provide Bradford rubbish removal services so households and offices can get rid of all sorts of waste in an affordable, flexible, and easy way.
Plus, we divert as much of your waste away from landfill sites in Bradford to keep the city as green as Lister Park. This ensures environmentally friendly disposal of your rubbish. Learn more about our Bradford rubbish removal services and get a free quote today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online.
Bradford Rubbish Removal
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Household waste collection in Bradford
There are around 209,900 households in Bradford for a city with a population of 546,400, according to the latest census information. Bradford Council provides bins and collection of general waste and everyday recycling to most of these domestic properties. However, collections are restricted to the same bin sizes and dates, while certain waste types aren’t covered.
Around 600kg of residual household waste is collected per household each year from homes across Bradford. This is higher than the annual average in England of 560kg per household. Bradford also has a recycling rate of around 39% for domestic waste with about 80,202 tonnes of recyclable waste collected from the city’s homes annually.
We provide flexible household waste collection in Bradford. This offers a solution whether you’ve missed your general waste collection, have something too large for your domestic bin or have lots of full waste bags from clearing out a property. Arrange domestic waste collection in Bradford at a time and date that fits your schedule.
Our Bradford waste removal services
Get rid of all sorts of waste in Bradford in a quick, convenient, and affordable way with the wide range of services we offer. Whether you just need one bulky item removed or have many bags full of rubbish to dispose of, find the best solution for your needs with Divert.
As much waste as possible is recycled and reused, diverting it away from landfill. Find out more about the specific rubbish removal services we offer in Bradford:
- Bulky waste removal
- Furniture removal
- House clearance
- Office clearance
- Garden waste removal
- Fridges and white goods removal
Why use Divert for rubbish removal in Bradford?
Save money, time, and effort by getting rid of rubbish from your Bradford home with Divert. There’s no need to drive to the tip or hire a skip to get rid of big, bulky items, or many bags of waste with our rubbish removal services in Bradford. All labour costs are included with fixed prices and no hidden fees.
We also divert as much waste as possible away from landfill sites in Bradford to help look after the local environment. Rest assured that everything from garden waste to old mattresses and furniture is disposed of safely, legally, and responsibly. This helps improve recycling in Bradford and avoids adding to pollution levels, keeping the air clean.
Our team are based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste management sites across Bradford and knowledge of the city. A truly local approach to rubbish removal in Bradford helps us put together an effective and cost-efficient plan to remove and dispose of any waste for you. Get a free no obligation quote to see how we can help.
- On-demand rubbish removal in Bradford
- Home, garden, and office clearances
- Fixed prices including labour, transport, and equipment
- Free no obligation quote for Bradford rubbish removal
- All areas of Bradford covered
Reliable rubbish removal
How does Bradford waste removal work?
Get a free quote for whatever type and amount of rubbish you want collecting in Bradford. Tell us where from and when for a tailored no obligation quote. After your waste removal is booked, we’ll send out one of our purple trucks or vans with a couple of our team on the agreed date.
They’ll come to your home or business on time and lift your waste into the vehicle. All labour is included, so you don’t need to worry about carrying any big and bulky items. If you’ve got waste that needs more than two people, please let us know in advance so we can plan accordingly.
Once all your rubbish is loaded up, our licensed waste carriers will drive it to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford. Here everything will be assessed and sorted based on its waste type. Similar materials will be sent for recycling alongside the same materials, while some waste may be incinerated. The exact disposal method depends on the waste type.
Where do you remove rubbish in Bradford?
Get rid of rubbish anywhere in Bradford, its suburbs, the surrounding towns, and villages. We can collect your waste from any home or business with a BD postcode, from Little Germany out to Haworth. Arrange rubbish removal in Bradford from:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
Get a free quote
Book Bradford waste removalGet a free quote for waste removal in Bradford today. All we need to know is what rubbish you need collecting, where from, how much you’ve got, and when you want it gone. Our no-obligation quote includes labour costs for a clear idea of how much you’ll pay.
Household waste recycling centres in Bradford
There are eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Bradford. These are for the use of Bradford District residents to dispose of items that don’t fit in domestic general waste or recycling bins. You need a resident permit to visit any Bradford HWRC in a car and a van permit if you use a van, pickup, or trailer (over 1.5m).
You can’t take commercial or trade waste to any HWRC in Bradford, but there are two waste transfer stations where you can dispose of business waste. These are at Bowling Back Lane and Keighley HWRCs. Charges apply and you must be a licensed waste carrier to dispose of business waste at either site.
Many supermarket, council, and some other car parks in Bradford also have recycling banks for smaller and specific waste types, such as glass and textiles. Find your nearest recycling bank in Bradford.
Bradford recycling charities
Many charities and organisations in Bradford accept household items in good condition that can be reused. It’s a more sustainable way to get rid of old furniture, clothes, bikes, electricals, and other items. There are also online services local to Bradford where you can sell or give away such items rather than recycling or disposing of them.
This all helps reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill and means less energy and resources are required to get rid of such waste. A few places where you can donate, sell, or give away items in Bradford include:
- British Heart Foundation – their furniture and electrical store accepts many such items in decent condition with a free collection service for bulky items.
- Keighley Furniture Project – can collect most white goods and furniture for reuse, upcycling, and recycling in the Keighley and Skipton area.
- Newlands Furniture Service – accepts bric-a-brac and furniture with a collection service for large items within 15 miles.
- RSPCA – the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch offers free collections of big items and eight large bags to sell in 10 shops across the region.
- Sandale Community Trust – take old clothes, electricals, and other unwanted items to sell in the shop and support the local community.
- Bradford RePaint – the organisation recycles and redistributes excess paint for charities, community groups, and the public at a low cost.
- MCF Bikery – supports the Margaret Carey Foundation by selling refurbished bikes. Donate your old bike or bicycle parts of any size or condition to either centre in Bradford or Shipley.
- Scraptastic – a scrap store in Shipley that accepts all sorts of items. Send a photo of your waste first and they’ll let you know if they can use it.
- Freecycle and Freegle – search local Bradford listings for places to offer your items to Bradford residents for free.
Get a free quote
Is using a skip for rubbish removal in Bradford a bad idea?
To use a skip in Bradford you need space on your private property or a permit to place it on a public road outside your home or business. It also takes longer to deliver and remove the skip, can be more expensive, and is less cost-effective if you don’t fill the entire skip.
Our man and van rubbish removal service ensures you only pay for the amount and type of waste you need to get rid of. Plus, there’s no permit required, or extra time and space needed to deliver to place a skip anywhere.
What happens to my rubbish after it’s removed in Bradford?
The type of waste we remove from your home or business and where you’re based affects what happens to it. We aim to recycle or reuse all rubbish, diverting as much as possible away from landfill. Some of your rubbish may go to a waste transfer station at Bowling Back Lane or Keighley HWRCs.
Your rubbish will be sorted and separated by type and material before it’s recycled or disposed of responsibly. The recycling or disposal method depends on the specific material and items. Either way, you’ll receive a free duty of care certificate as proof of its responsible disposal.
How do I report fly-tipping in Bradford?
Fly-tipping in Bradford is a big problem, with 16,285 incidents recorded in the last year. Bradford Council spent more than £125,000 clearing up big incidents across the city too. If you spot fly-tipping near your home, business, or anywhere else around the city you can report it online to Bradford Council.