Shifting a sofa can be challenging due to its awkward shape, size, and materials they’re made from. At Divert we provide reliable and responsible sofa collection in Wakefield to help 132,000 households and many businesses get rid of old sofas easily. Every sofa we remove in Wakefield is diverted away from landfill, including two and three-seater sofas, corner sofas, sofa beds, chaise longues, and recliner sofas.
Arrange sofa collection anywhere in Wakefield and from any nearby town or village with Divert. Each one is disposed of responsibly through reuse, recycling, or incineration to comply with environmental regulations for any that contain persistent organic pollutants (POPs). All Wakefield sofa removals are done safely, legally, and in an environmentally friendly way.
Sofa Collection in Wakefield
Get a fast quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Wakefield
How Wakefield sofa collection works
Request a free no obligation quote for sofa collection in Wakefield based on the type, size, and number of sofas you need removed, where from in the West Yorkshire city and when. If you’re happy with the tailored price, we’ll book a time and date that suits you for our professional team to remove your old sofa.
On the day one of our purple vans and two of our team will come to your property at the agreed time. They’ll move your old sofa and load it into the van, so you don’t need to worry about labour. If you’ve got a big sofa that needs more than two people to shift we’ll send out an extra pair of hands.
The van will then visit a nearby waste transfer station. Your sofa will be unloaded and checked, before being disposed of responsibly. If it’s safe and in decent condition, it may be reused, otherwise, it should be sent for recycling or incineration if it contains POPs. You’ll receive a free duty of care certificate confirming its safe removal.
Who needs on-demand sofa removal in Wakefield?
If you’ve had a sofa for many years that’s well past its best then it could be time to say goodbye. Most sofas last for around 15 years before they need replacing, but they can sustain damage, or you might just want a new one. We can help homes and businesses in Wakefield get rid of any old sofas.
Moving home in Wakefield is a common time to assess your furniture and dispose of a sofa you don’t want to take with you. Or you might be doing some home refurbishments and need a fresh sofa to fit in with your new décor. Businesses including hotels, pubs, and offices also need sofa removal at some points.
Get a free quote
Donate sofas to charities in Wakefield
A sustainable way to get rid of your old sofa is to donate it to a charity in Wakefield. As long as it’s in good condition and has a fire label attached, for any cloth and leather sofas, there are plenty of Wakefield charities that accept old sofas.
This reduces the amount of energy needed to recycle a sofa and supports a good cause. Many charities offer free collection services to make getting rid of any type and size of sofa easy, while there are also ways you can offer it to other residents for free. Some places where you can donate a sofa in Wakefield include:
- Freecycle – list your old sofa online for any other Wakefield resident to collect, so you don’t have to deliver it.
- RSPCA – furniture including sofas with fire labels are accepted at the Wakefield shop and Animal Centre in East Ardsley.
- Wakefield Hospice – provides a free furniture collection service that includes sofas, but only for homes in postcodes WF1 to 6. Sofas without fire labels aren’t taken.
- Salvation Army – to donate sofas and other furniture you can contact the Salvation Army charity shop in Outwood.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – free sofa collection is available, and donations are taken to the nearby furniture depots in Leeds or Bradford.
POPs waste and sofa disposal in Wakefield
Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) are poisonous chemical substances that some sofas contain. These take a long time to break down and can harm both human health and the environment, especially if they end up in landfill. The Environmental Agency updated its guidelines requiring any sofa containing POPs to be destroyed – not recycled or reused.
When we collect any sofas in Wakefield they’ll be checked for a fire label and if they contain POPs. Any that contain POPs are sent for safe incineration to ensure they’re disposed of legally. It avoids sofas that pose an environmental risk going to landfill. If you’ve got any questions or want advice about sofas containing POPs, our friendly and expert team can help you out.
Why use Divert for sofa removal in Wakefield?
Easily get rid of any size and type of old sofa anywhere in Wakefield with Divert. We can collect your sofa from your home or business at a time that suits you. Our professional team do all the heavy lifting for effortless sofa removal in Wakefield, saving you time and hassle.
We ensure every sofa is disposed of safely, legally, and responsibly. Recycling and reuse are our aim but sofas containing POPs will be destroyed in line with government guidelines. Get a free no obligation quote to see how much you could save on your sofa disposal in Wakefield with labour costs included and fixed prices.
At Divert we’re based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste sites across Wakefield and the wider district. Our drivers and customer service team know the area well, which helps us deliver fast, flexible, and affordable sofa collections across the West Yorkshire city to meet your needs.
- Any shape and size of sofa removed in Wakefield
- Reliable sofa waste collection
- Free no obligation quote for Wakefield sofa removal
- Fixed prices including labour costs with no hidden fees
- Old sofas diverted away from landfill
Flexible sofa collections
Arrange sofa collection in WakefieldGet a free quote for sofa collection in Wakefield – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Just let us know the size, type, and number of sofas you need collecting, where from, and when. If you’ve got a question or want some help then one of our friendly and expert team is on hand.
Card Grid Block
Get a free quote
Where can I arrange sofa collection in Wakefield?
Arrange sofa collection anywhere in Wakefield from your home or business. We can remove old sofas from anywhere with a WF postcode, from the city centre out to Lofthouse, Ackton, Castleford, and across the wider district. Book sofa collection in Wakefield from:
- Wakefield city centre, Outwood, Eastmoor, and Agbrigg (WF1)
- Alverthorpe, Kirkhamgate, Newmillerdam, Sandal, Walton, and Wrenthorpe (WF2)
- Carlton, East Ardsley, Lofthouse, Robin Hood, Stanley, Thorpe, and Tingley (WF3)
- Crofton, Flockton, Horbury, Netherton, Ryhill, West Bretton, and Woolley (WF4)
- Ossett, Gawthorpe, and Healey (WF5)
- Normanton and Altofts (WF6)
- Featherstone, Ackton, Ackworth Moor Top, and Purston Jaglin (WF7)
- Pontefract, Kirk Smeaton, Little Smeaton, and Thorpe Audlin (WF8)
- South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton, Fitzwilliam, Hemsworth, and Kinsley (WF9)
- Castleford, Glasshoughton, Allerton Bywater, Ledston, and New Fryston (WF10)
- Knottingley, Brotherton, Fairburn, and Byram (WF11)
- Dewsbury, Thornhill, Briestfield, and Chickenley (WF12)
- Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury Moor, and Staincliffe (WF13)
- Mirfield, Battyeford, and Hopton (WF14)
- Liversedge, Hartshead, Hightown, and Roberttown (WF15)
- Heckmondwike (WF16)
- Batley, Birstall, Hanging Heaton, Soothill, and Staincliffe (WF17)
How do I dispose of a sofa in Wakefield?
There are a few ways you can dispose of a sofa in Wakefield:
- Visit your nearest HWRC in Wakefield and drop off an old sofa from your home for free if you’re a Wakefield resident.
- Use Wakefield Council’s bulky collection service – a charge of £30 applies for up to three items.
- Arrange sofa collection with Divert at a time and date that suits you from anywhere with a WF postcode.
- Donate to a local charity shop in Wakefield or list it online for other residents.
Can you take a sofa to the tip in Wakefield?
You can take a sofa from your home to the three main HWRCs in Wakefield if you’re a resident of the West Yorkshire city. Sofas from a business or that count as commercial waste (such as being removed by a landlord) cannot go to the tip in Wakefield. You can dispose of domestic sofas for free at any of the sites.