Dry mixed recycling (DMR) covers a wide range of waste items that your York business can throw away together in one bin for recycling. Mixed waste in York covers paper, cardboard, plastic, and metal products discarded during daily business activities that are recyclable, as long as they’re clean and dry.
Businesses in York must arrange commercial waste collection of dry mixed recycling. It’s a simple, convenient, and cost-effective solution to store waste paper, cardboard, plastics, and metals together. Offices, retailers, and many other York businesses all benefit from DMR bins, which we provide for free – you only cover the costs of collection.
Dry Mixed Recycling In York
Get a quick quote
Get a fast FREE quote for your waste
- Free quote within 1 hour
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of York
Mixed waste in York
York has around 83,000 households, meaning the City of York Council provides and collects about 83,000 domestic mixed recycling bins every fortnight. Some homes in the city centre enjoy weekly collections of mixed domestic recycling bins by St. Nick’s. However, York’s domestic recycling rate is currently only 44.9%, so plenty of recyclable household waste isn’t recycled.
Businesses in York must arrange collection of mixed recycling by licensed waste carriers. There are four main materials that class as dry mixed recycling:
- Paper – old newspapers, magazines, and envelopes
- Cardboard – empty cereal boxes, packaging materials, and greeting cards
- Metal – clean and empty drinks cans and food trays
- Plastic – drinks bottles, plastic food packaging, and margarine tubs
How commercial dry mixed recycling works in York
Get free DMR bins delivered to your business anywhere in York. Fill these with clean and dry recyclable materials and within any weight limits of the individual bin. Book in collection on a daily, weekly, or fortnightly schedule – one-off rubbish removals are available too – and we’ll come and collect your mixed waste.
One of our licensed waste carriers will be behind the wheel, so you can rest assured your dry mixed recycling is collected and transported safely to a recycling centre in and around York. Here the experts at the recycling centre will sort and separate the mixed waste by materials to recycle it with its relevant waste stream.
For example, all paper products in your dry mixed recycling bins will be removed and recycled with other waste paper on-site or moved to a paper mill for recycling. Here it will be sorted by paper grade, mixed with water and chemicals to create a pulp, rolled out and dried to form new paper products.
Get a free quote
Why use Divert for dry mixed recycling in York?
Enjoy affordable collection of your dry mixed recycling in York with Divert. Free bins with no rental charges and recycling rather than sending waste to landfill saves you money on landfill tax too. Plus, it’s a greener solution that helps look after the local York environment – upholding your corporate responsibility.
At Divert we’re based in York too, so know the city, surrounding area, and its waste management ways well. Our local knowledge helps our customer service team and licensed drivers deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions for your dry mixed recycling collections in the cathedral city. A true local touch makes managing your mixed waste in York effortless.
- All mixed waste in York recycled
- Flexible DMR collections to meet your needs
- Free no obligation quote based on your mixed waste
- Regular and reliable York mixed recycling collections
- Free DMR bins in York with no rental charges
Free DMR bins
Reliable mixed waste collection
Arrange dry mixed recycling collection in YorkGet a free quote for dry mixed recycling collection in York today. Simply tell us the size and number of bins you need, how often you want them collected, and where you’re based in and around York. Enquire online or speak to one of our friendly team direct. We’re happy to answer any questions about dealing with DMR waste in York and provide you with a tailored quote. Call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online to book collection of your mixed waste in York today.
Get a free quote
Where can you collect dry mixed recycling in York?
We can collect dry mixed recycling from businesses located anywhere in and outside York’s city walls. This includes offices overlooking the Ouse to boutique shops in the towns and villages surrounding the city, such as Strensall, Poppleton, and Copmanthorpe. Arrange dry mixed recycling collection in York areas including:
Arrange cardboard collection in York areas including:
- York city centre (YO1)
- Heslington and Osbaldwick (YO10)
- Dunnington, Escrick (YO19)
- Bishopthorpe, Upper and Nether Poppleton (YO23)
- Acomb, Dringhouses (YO24)
- Bootham, Clifton (YO30)
- Heworth, Layerthorpe (YO31)
- Haxby, Wigginton (YO32)
- Elvington, Stamford Bridge (YO41)
- Pocklington, Barmby Moor (YO42)
- Boroughbridge (YO51)
- Sheriff Hutton (YO60)
- Easingwold (YO61)
- Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside (YO62)
How often is commercial dry mixed recycling collected in York?
You can arrange commercial dry mixed recycling collection in York every day, week, or fortnight with Divert. We can also provide one-off and ad-hoc collections of dry mixed recycling from your business in York.
Domestic mixed recycling bins are mostly collected every two weeks by the City of York council. Some households in the city centre have their mixed recycling bins collected once a week by St. Nick’s.
How can I reduce the amount of dry mixed recycling my York business creates?
A few ways to reduce the amount of dry mixed recycling waste your York business creates are to:
- Focus on better waste management. Incorporating better waste management practices into the daily running of your business can help reduce the amount of waste you produce. For example, you could look into heightening workplace efficiency so that fewer materials are needed to get the job done. Furthermore, you should also ensure you have a strong waste management plan in place and that each employee receives appropriate waste disposal training.
- Reuse products rather than discard them. Reusing products where appropriate, such as in both schools and offices you could use both sides of the paper, or clean out empty plastic drinks bottles to reuse.
- Source sustainable products. Using sustainable products within the workplace is a great way to reduce the amount of waste you produce. For example, you could seek alternatives to single-use plastic, such as water bottles.
Is there a fee for mixed waste collection in York?
Costs for commercial dry mixed waste collections vary depending on the number and size of bins you need and how often they’re collected. At Divert we provide free bins but you cover the costs of collection. Domestic mixed recycling should be collected by the City of York council or St. Nick’s for free.