Wakefield has a population of nearly 350,000 people living in around 132,000 households, which means there are thousands of beds (and mattresses) across the city. Most mattresses last for at least a decade before they need replacing, but when they do it can be an awkward task due to their shape and size.
Arrange mattress collection in Wakefield with Divert to save yourself the stress and hassle of getting rid of any old mattress. Whether it’s started to sag, become lumpy, or been badly damaged, we can remove any type of mattress. This includes single, double, queen, and king-size mattresses from frame, bunk, sleigh, and other beds.
Some of our professional team will lift and shift your old mattress to save you the effort. And every mattress we remove in Wakefield is diverted away from landfill and disposed of responsibly.
Mattress Collection in Wakefield
Get a free quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Wakefield
How mattress collection works in Wakefield
Start with a free no obligation quote tailored to the type, size, and number of mattresses you need removing, where from in Wakefield, and when. Then we can book a time and date that suits you for collection. One of our purple vans and two of our professional team will come out on the agreed day.
They’ll lift, carry, and load your old mattress into the van for effortless removal. Once everything’s loaded they’ll drive to a nearby waste transfer station. Here the mattresses are checked and sent for responsible disposal depending on their type and condition. Any that are usable might be donated to a Wakefield charity, while the rest are recycled or disposed of.
Every mattress removed in Wakefield is diverted away from landfill. Most are recycled, where they’re separated into individual materials that are then recycled individually. Springs are removed and melted down with other metals to create new metal products, while the foam filling of certain mattresses can be turned into recycled carpet padding.
Get a free quote
Donate your old mattress in Wakefield
If your old mattress is still in a usable and decent condition you could donate it in Wakefield. You might be getting rid of a bed and no longer need the mattress, downsizing to a smaller place, or finding it’s not comfy enough for you. Whatever the reason, there are various places where you can donate a mattress in Wakefield.
This saves on the energy required for recycling and supports a good cause at the same time. Some charities also provide a free collection service for bulky items including mattresses too. Places to consider donating your mattress in Wakefield include:
- Freecycle – advertise your old mattress for free to other Wakefield residents. Add collection required to save yourself the hassle of delivering it too.
- RSPCA – there’s a shop in Wakefield and an Animal Centre in East Ardsley that accept all sorts of donations, including some mattresses.
- Wakefield Hospice – homes in postcodes WF1 to 6 can use the free collection service that can pick up some mattresses.
- Salvation Army – the Salvation Army charity shop in Outwood takes many furniture donations and may accept mattresses, but it’s best to check in advance.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – provides a free collection service that includes mattresses. They’re taken to one of the furniture depots in Leeds or Bradford.
Why use Divert for mattress collection in Wakefield?
Easily get rid of any mattress in Wakefield with Divert. Select a time and date that suits you and let our professional team do all the lifting and carrying, ensuring your mattress is diverted away from landfill and disposed of responsibly. This saves businesses money on landfill tax as well.
We can provide a free quote based on your needs with fixed prices and labour costs included. Mattress collections are available anywhere in Wakefield and we’re based in Yorkshire ourselves. This helps us provide fast and flexible mattress collection with great connections to local waste sites and a team that know the Wakefield district well.
- Any mattress size collected in Wakefield
- Reliable mattress removals anywhere in Wakefield
- Free no obligation quote for mattress removal
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old mattresses recycled and diverted away from landfill
Reliable waste collection
Flexible mattress removal
Arrange mattress disposal in WakefieldGet a free quote for mattress disposal in Wakefield – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Provide details about the type, size, and the number of mattresses you need removing, where from, and when. Speak to one of our friendly and expert team if you have any questions about mattress removal in Wakefield.
Get a free quote
Where can I book mattress collection in Wakefield?
Mattress collection is available anywhere in Wakefield and the wider district. We can remove your old mattress from homes and businesses with a WF postcode. This includes hotels in the city centre to homes in Horbury, Ackton, Dewsbury, Mirfield, and Batley. Book mattress collection in Wakefield from:
- Wakefield city centre, Outwood, Eastmoor, and Agbrigg (WF1)
- Alverthorpe, Kirkhamgate, Newmillerdam, Sandal, Walton, and Wrenthorpe (WF2)
- Carlton, East Ardsley, Lofthouse, Robin Hood, Stanley, Thorpe, and Tingley (WF3)
- Crofton, Flockton, Horbury, Netherton, Ryhill, West Bretton, and Woolley (WF4)
- Ossett, Gawthorpe, and Healey (WF5)
- Normanton and Altofts (WF6)
- Featherstone, Ackton, Ackworth Moor Top, and Purston Jaglin (WF7)
- Pontefract, Kirk Smeaton, Little Smeaton, and Thorpe Audlin (WF8)
- South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton, Fitzwilliam, Hemsworth, and Kinsley (WF9)
- Castleford, Glasshoughton, Allerton Bywater, Ledston, and New Fryston (WF10)
- Knottingley, Brotherton, Fairburn, and Byram (WF11)
- Dewsbury, Thornhill, Briestfield, and Chickenley (WF12)
- Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury Moor, and Staincliffe (WF13)
- Mirfield, Battyeford, and Hopton (WF14)
- Liversedge, Hartshead, Hightown, and Roberttown (WF15)
- Heckmondwike (WF16)
- Batley, Birstall, Hanging Heaton, Soothill, and Staincliffe (WF17)
Can you take a mattress to Wakefield tip?
You can take any type of mattress from your home to one of three household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Wakefield. These are Wakefield, Glasshoughton, and South Kirkby HWRCs. Residents can dispose of a mattress for free, but no commercial waste is accepted. Simply take your proof of address or a permit.
Wakefield Council also provides a bulky collection service that can remove mattresses from households in the city. Up to three items at a time can be collected for a current charge of £30.
Do you collect beds in Wakefield?
We can collect beds of all types, sizes, and conditions from households and businesses anywhere in Wakefield. This includes single, double, bunk beds, and other types with or without a mattress. They’ll be safely transported to a nearby waste transfer station and the bed and mattress separated for recycling, reuse, or responsible disposal.