Getting rid of an old fridge freezer in Bradford can be a challenge due to their sizes. At Divert we provide fridge freezer collection in Bradford for households and businesses to make moving these big and bulky items off your property effortless. Our experienced team will do all the lifting and carrying for you.
Any fridge freezer we remove is diverted away from landfill, so you can rest assured it’s recycled and disposed of responsibly. This is essential as fridge freezers are a type of hazardous waste. Licensed waste carriers will remove your old fridge safely and ensure it’s disposed of properly.
Fridge Freezer Removal in Bradford
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quick quote within 1 hr
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Nationwide coverage
Bradford fridge collection
We can remove any type and size of fridge freezer from your home or business in Bradford, such as
- Domestic fridge freezers
- Single household fridge or single freezer
- Domestic chest freezers
- American fridge freezers
- Commercial fridges and freezers
How fridge removal works in Bradford
Tell us the type, size, and number of fridges you need collecting, where from in Bradford and when. We’ll provide a free quote and can book removal at a time and date that suits you. One of our purple vans and a couple of our team will come out on the agreed day and time.
They’ll lift and load your old fridge freezer into the van, so you don’t have to worry about trying to shift it. Then they’ll drive it to a local waste transfer station in Bradford, where it will be checked and sent for recycling.
The fridge recycling process varies depending on the recycling centre, but generally, it’s first drained of refrigerant and motor oil. The motor is removed and recycled separately, as is any foam insulation, plastic shell, and other metal parts. They’ll be recycled alongside similar materials and converted into new materials and products (including fridges).
Who needs on-demand fridge freezer removal in Bradford?
Most households in Bradford have at least one fridge. They can last for about ten years, but at some point, you’ll need to replace them. This could be as it’s broken down, you’re updating to a more energy-efficient model, or moving house and don’t want to take it with you. Whatever the reason, we can remove your old fridge anywhere in Bradford.
We can also remove commercial fridges. There are more than 550 restaurants across the city and over 750 takeaways that all use many fridges and freezers to keep food fresh. Supermarkets, independent shops, schools, and hotels all use fridges in their daily operations too.
Some of the main places that need on-demand fridge freezer removal in Bradford are:
Get a free quote
Donate a fridge freezer in Bradford
If you’re getting rid of a fridge freezer from your home in Bradford that still works you could donate it to a local charity.
You might be moving house and not want to take it with you, upgrading to a new fridge, or want a bigger model to meet your needs.
Many charities accept fridge freezers in working condition and some even offer a collection service. This saves on the energy required to recycle old fridges, providing a sustainable way to get rid of any old fridge freezer in Bradford while supporting a worthy cause.
Places where you can donate an old fridge in Bradford include:
- British Heart Foundation – provides a free collection service including fridge freezers, which are sold in the BHF furniture and electrical store.
- Keighley Furniture Project – offers collection for most white goods, such as fridge freezers, for reuse, upcycling, and recycling in the Keighley and Skipton area.
- RSPCA – free collection of large items including fridge freezers are available by the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch. They’re resold in 10 shops across the region.
- Sandale Community Trust – old electricals including fridges are accepted and sold in the shop to support the local community.
- Scraptastic – a scrap store in Shipley that accepts all sorts of items, including some fridge freezers. Send a photo of your fridge and they’ll let you know if they can use it.
- Freecycle and Freegle – simply list your old fridge freezer for residents to have for free. Include collection as necessary to save you time and effort.
Why use Divert for fridge freezer removal in Bradford?
Book fridge freezer removal in Bradford at a time and date that suits you. Labour is included to save you the effort and we can collect old fridges from anywhere across the Bradford district, whether you need one or more removing. Each one is diverted away from landfill to protect the local environment.
Get a free quote for fridge collection in Bradford – including labour costs and fixed prices for a straightforward quote. We’re based in Yorkshire and have great connections to waste sites around Bradford. Our team of drivers and customer service professionals use their knowledge to provide fast, flexible, and efficient Bradford fridge freezer removals.
- Any type of fridge freezer collected in Bradford
- Reliable and responsible fridge freezer disposal
- Free no obligation quote for your fridge collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old fridge freezers diverted away from Bradford landfill sites
Collections across Bradford
5 stars all around, will definitely use againClaire Smith
Brilliant and Seamless service from start to finish. Divert came to my rescue when I required my old gas oven and fridge/freezer removing. Cameron’s assistance and knowledge was incredibly helpful throughout the process, and the quick turn around from quote to collection was superb. 5 stars all around, will definitely be using again.
Arrange fridge freezer collection in BradfordGet a free quote for Bradford fridge freezer collection today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Just provide a few details about the type, size, and number of fridges you want collecting, where from and when. One of our friendly team can answer any questions and book your collection today.
Get a free quote
Where can I book fridge freezer collection in Bradford?
You can book collection of a fridge freezer anywhere in Bradford, from Little Germany out to Shipley, Baildon, and Keighley. Our purple vans can remove old fridges from any home or business with a BD postcode. This includes terraced streets, flats, bungalows, and anywhere else in Bradford. We cover:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
How do I dispose of a Bradford refrigerator?
There are a few ways you can dispose of a refrigerator in Bradford. The best option depends on its condition and your circumstances. Ways to dispose of a refrigerator in Bradford include:
- Taking a fridge to your nearest HWRC in Bradford. You’ll need a resident’s permit and a vehicle.
- Booking removal of a refrigerator with Divert. Our team can collect your old fridge freezer at a time and date that suits you from anywhere across the city.
- Arranging bulky waste collection with Bradford Council. Charges apply and collection slots are restricted to one specific day depending on your postcode.
- Donating to a charity in Bradford. Check those that offer free collection services if you can’t drop off your old fridge.
Can I take a fridge freezer to the tip in Bradford?
You can take up to two fridge freezers to the tip in Bradford each year. These class as large domestic appliances, which have a disposal limit of two per year from households in Bradford. Only Bradford residents can use the local tips (or household waste recycling centres) and you must take your resident permit as proof.