Shifting an old sofa in Bradford can be tricky due to its size and the fact you can’t simply throw it out with your regular household waste. At Divert we provide sofa removal in Bradford for homes, offices, and businesses. We divert each one away from landfill and ensure responsible disposal. Sofa removal in Bradford is available for two and three-seater sofas, corner sofas, sofa beds, a chaise longue, and recliner sofas.
We can collect your old sofa from anywhere across the Bradford district and ensure responsible disposal, recycling, and reuse – whatever its condition. This includes sending sofas containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) for incineration in line with environmental guidelines. Get a free quote for Bradford sofa removal today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online.
Sofa Removal In Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
How sofa collection in Bradford works
Start with a free quote for your specific sofa collection needs in Bradford. Tell us the type, size, and number of sofas you need collecting, where from, and when. If you’re happy with the price, we’ll then book a collection slot that suits your schedule.
On the day one of our purple vans with a couple of our team will come to your home or business anywhere in Bradford. They’ll do all the lifting and shifting, so you don’t need to worry about straining yourself. Let us know if you’ve got a sofa that needs more than two pairs of hands to move, so we can plan accordingly.
They’ll then drive the sofa to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford. It’ll be checked, and then what happens next depends on its condition and type. Any usable sofa may be donated to a local charity or cause, those containing POPs will be sent for controlled incineration, while those that don’t contain POPs may be recycled.
Who needs on-demand sofa removal in Bradford?
Some sofas can last for up to 15 years, but once they become worn, torn, lumpy, and start to sag it’s time to say goodbye. Or you might be moving home or renovating an office in Bradford and no longer need one or more sofas. We can collect sofas from homes across the Bradford district.
Many businesses may also need sofa removal services in Bradford. Offices might need to get rid of old sofas if moving to bigger premises or having a refurb, while hotel sofas in guest rooms and the lobby can become damaged and outdated.
Domestic and commercial sofa removal in Bradford is available for anyone, including:
Get a free quote
Local recycling centres and charities in Bradford
Bradford residents can take an old sofa from their home to one of the eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs). Limits apply and households can only dispose of up to two sofas, chairs, or other seating per year at any HWRC in Bradford. You need a resident permit to visit in a car, or a van permit in a van, pickup, or with a trailer.
Sofas from a commercial setting can only be taken to the two waste transfer stations in Bowling Back Lane and Keighley. Licensed waste carriers must transport them to either site for disposal. Charges apply of £309 per tonne with a minimum charge of £30.90 and they must not be mixed with other waste types.
Bradford Council also offer a bulky waste collection service that can remove sofas from residents of the district. There’s a charge for the service of £20 for up to five items. Sofas can only be collected between Tuesday to Friday, 6am to 5pm. The day and time depend on your postcode.
POPs waste and sofa disposal in BradfordSome sofas contain persistent organic pollutants (POPs). These are poisonous chemical substances that take a long time to break down and can harm human health and the environment. Environmental Agency guidelines state that such waste must be destroyed – it can’t be recycled or reused. All old sofas we collect in Bradford are checked to see whether they contain POPs. Any that do are sent for incineration and safe disposal in line with Environment Agency regulations. We can remove any type of sofa, whether it contains POPs or not, and provide advice if you want more information.
Donate sofas to Bradford charities
Many Bradford charities accept donations of old sofas to resell to support their cause or to donate to those in need. It’s a sustainable option that reduces the amount of energy and fuel needed to transport and recycle sofas. Plus, you’ll support a worthy cause in the process.
Some organisations offer a free collection service for bulky items, including sofas. There are also online services where you can offer your old sofa for free to others in Bradford. A few places where you can donate or get rid of a sofa for free in Bradford include:
- British Heart Foundation – a free collection service is available for bulky items including sofas that are sold in the BHF furniture and electrical store in Bradford.
- Keighley Furniture Project – furniture including sofas in most conditions accepted (with a free collection service) for reuse, upcycling, and recycling in the Keighley and Skipton area.
- Newlands Furniture Service – offers a collection service for large items such as sofas from households within 15 miles.
- RSPCA – the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch offers free collections of sofas for resale in 10 shops across the region.
- Scraptastic – a scrap store in Shipley that accepts all sorts of items. Send a photo of your old sofa first and they’ll let you know if they can use it.
- Freecycle and Freegle – list sofas for free to local Bradford residents, and determine whether collection is required to save you the hassle of transporting it.
Why use Divert for sofa removal in Bradford?
Sofa removal is available anywhere in Bradford and the surrounding areas. At Divert we can collect any type and size of old sofa from your home or business at a time and date that suits your schedule. All sofas are diverted away from landfill and recycled, reused, or disposed of following government and environmental regulations.
Get a free no obligation quote for Bradford sofa removal based on the type, size, and number of sofas – as well as when you want it removed and where from. Our fixed prices include labour costs for a clear price and effortless removal of your sofa.
At Divert we’re based in Yorkshire too, helping us provide a truly local service for sofa removal in Bradford. Our drivers know the district and roads well, and we have strong connections to Bradford waste sites. This helps us deliver fast, flexible, and affordable sofa collections anywhere in Bradford.
- Any shape and sized sofa removed in Bradford
- Reliable sofa waste collection
- Free no obligation quote for sofa removal
- Fixed prices including labour costs with no hidden fees
- Old sofas diverted away from landfill in Bradford
Reliable sofa removal
Collections across Bradford
Arrange sofa collection in BradfordGet a free quote for sofa collection in Bradford – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online today. Just tell us where you’re based, when you want your sofa removed, and its size and type. If you’ve got any questions or want some advice, one of our friendly and expert team can help.
Get a free quote
Where can I arrange sofa collection in Bradford
Sofa collection is available anywhere in Bradford and the wider district. We can collect old sofas from homes and businesses with a BD postcode. This includes from a city centre hotel to a terraced house in Saltaire or a detached house in Apperley Bridge. Arrange sofa collection in:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
How do I get rid of a couch in Bradford?
To get rid of a couch in Bradford you can:
- Take it to your local household waste recycling centre (HWRC) if you’re a Bradford resident and the sofa is from your home (not a business).
- Donate your couch to a Bradford charity. Plenty offer free collection services for sofas in good condition for resale.
- Arrange bulky waste collection with Bradford Council. There’s a charge and collections are only available on certain days, depending on your postcode.
- Book sofa removal with Divert to get rid of an old couch from your home or business anywhere in Bradford.
Can you take sofas to the tip in Bradford?
You can take a sofa from your household to any of the eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Bradford if you’re a Bradford resident. Limits apply and you can only dispose of up to two sofas per year at these HWRCs. You need a resident permit or van permit, depending on what vehicle you use to take a sofa to the tip in Bradford.
Any sofas from a commercial setting can only be taken to Keighley or Bowling Back Lane waste transfer stations by licensed waste carriers.