Leeds has almost 342,000 households and, as seven out of eight UK homes have a garden, which means there could be nearly 300,000 domestic gardens in the West Yorkshire capital. The shape, size, and style vary greatly – from small front yards of back-to-back terraces in Burley and Harehills to large lawns of homes in green suburbs like Alwoodley and Horsforth.
Every garden needs regular maintenance, whatever its size. At Divert we provide reliable garden waste collections in Leeds for homes and businesses across the city. Get rid of any waste from your garden with ease and in an environmentally friendly way, as we divert it away from landfill.
Garden Waste Collection In Leeds
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of garden waste
- Claim your free bins
- We cover all of Leeds
Leeds garden waste
We can help with a complete garden clearance if you’re undertaking a big renovation project or simply remove a few bags of grass cuttings after mowing the lawn. Our services include the removal of garden waste in Leeds, such as:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Flowers, plants, and leaves
- Bark, branches, and twigs
- Wood chippings
- Garden furniture
- Fencing and decking
- Soil, gravel, and brick rubble (from garden walls)
How garden waste removal in Leeds works
Provide a few details about the types and amount of garden waste you need to get rid of and where from in Leeds. We’ll give you a free no obligation quote with fixed prices and can book your garden clearance. Simply ensure your waste is bagged up if required and in an accessible place.
One of our purple vans or trucks and two of our team will come out and remove your garden waste at the agreed time and date. They’re not gardeners so can’t mow your lawn or cut branches off your trees, but they will lift, carry, and load everything into the van to save you the effort.
Then they’ll take your garden waste to a waste transfer station in Leeds. Here it’s checked and sorted, so the likes of garden furniture, fences, and sheds are separated then treated and recycled separately. As much as possible is diverted away from landfill, so most of the green waste will go to a local composting site.
Here all the grass cuttings, plants, leaves, bark, and other green waste are added to huge compost piles. These are turned regularly and can reach temperatures of 60°C, which speeds up the process compared to home composting. The resulting compost is used for agricultural and other applications.
Get a free quote
Leeds City Council garden waste collections
Leeds City Council provides free garden waste bins to around 217,000 homes across the city. You can check if you’re eligible with the online bin day checker. These collections empty around 29,662 tonnes of garden waste each year, which is composted locally and used for farming, horticulture and land restoration projects across Leeds.
Brown bin collections in Leeds are fortnightly and only run between early March to early December. Households are limited to one brown bin. Those not eligible for a brown bin in Leeds can apply for a free garden waste collection by Leeds City Council, but slots are limited and only available for four items or four lots of double-bagged garden waste.
You can use your brown bin in Leeds for grass, hedge cuttings, leaves, flowers, plants, and more green waste. However, you cannot put any thick branches, soil, compost, rubble, plastics, garden furniture, fencing, pet bedding, or food waste in your garden waste bin in Leeds.
Why use Divert for garden clearance in Leeds?
Easily get your garden in order with Divert. Our expert garden clearance services in Leeds can remove all types and amounts of waste from your outdoor space so it’s looking clean and tidy in no time. All the manual lifting and carrying is done by our team to save you effort and time.
Get a free no obligation quote tailored to your specific needs and with fixed prices for a clear idea of how much your Leeds garden clearance will cost. Whether you simply want a few extra bags of hedge cuttings removed from your home garden or sheds, fencing, and outdoor furniture collecting from your Leeds business, we offer an effective solution.
As much garden waste as possible is diverted away from landfill to help keep Leeds as green as Golden Acre Park and save you money on landfill tax. We’re also based in Yorkshire so know the city well, which helps us provide fast, flexible, and cost-effective garden waste collections in Leeds.
- All types of garden waste collected in Leeds
- Reliable garden waste removal
- Free no obligation quote for Leeds garden clearances
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Green waste diverted away from landfill
Garden clearances across Leeds
Super speedy and helpfulKaitlin Rheanne Morbey
Super speedy and helpful! I had a quote within minutes of calling and sending pictures. They offered to come the next day but we agreed on a couple of days after. They were efficient, friendly and would 10/10 use again.
Arrange garden waste removal in LeedsGet a free quote for garden waste removal in Leeds based on the type and amount of waste you need collecting – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Speak to one of our friendly and expert team if you’ve got any questions or want advice about getting rid of garden waste anywhere in Leeds.
Get a free quote
Where can I book garden waste collection in Leeds?
Book garden waste collection anywhere in Leeds for your home or business. We can help clear gardens in Little London and Woodhouse out to Rawdon and Rothwell, covering surrounding towns and villages such as Otley. Arrange garden waste collection in Leeds in areas such as:
- Leeds city centre (LS1)
- Woodhouse and Little London (LS2)
- Burley and Kirkstall (LS3 and LS4)
- Headingley, Hyde Park, and Meanwood (LS6)
- Chapel Allerton, Chapeltown, and Sheepscar (LS7)
- Roundhay, Harehills, and Oakwood (LS8)
- Burmantofts, East End Park, and Halton Moor (LS9)
- Hunslet, Middleton, and Stourton (LS10)
- Beeston, Cottingley, and Holbeck (LS11)
- Armley, Wortley, and New Farnley (LS12)
- Bramley, Moorside, and Rodley (LS13)
- Seacroft, Thorner, and Killingbeck (LS14)
- Cross Gates, Colton, and Temple Newsham (LS15)
- Adel, Cookridge, Lawnswood, and Bramhope (LS16)
- Alwoodley, Moortown, Shadwell, and Harewood (LS17)
- Horsforth (LS18)
- Yeadon, Rawdon, and Carlton (LS19)
- Guiseley (LS20)
- Otley (LS21)
- Methley, Rothwell, and Woodlesford (LS26)
- Morley, Churwell, and Gildersome (LS27)
How do I get rid of garden waste in Leeds?
There are a few ways you can get rid of garden waste in Leeds from your home:
- Put garden waste in your brown household waste bin for Leeds City Council to collect if your home has one.
- Book a garden waste collection with Leeds City Council if you don’t have a brown bin. This is free but slots are limited, and you can only get rid of four bags of green waste.
- Visit your nearest HWRC in Leeds to dispose of domestic garden waste.
- Arrange a garden waste clearance in Leeds with Divert. Book it in at a time and date that suits your schedule for the removal of green waste, garden furniture, rubble, and more.
What can I put in my brown bin in Leeds?
Leeds City Council provides free brown bins for more than 200,000 households. These are for garden waste and are collected fortnightly between early March and early December. You can put the following types of garden waste in your brown bin:
- Flowers and plants
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Twigs and small branches (up to 3cm thick)
- Windfall fruit
You cannot use a brown bin in Leeds for branches thicker than 3cm, rubble, soil, or compost, pet waste or bedding, food waste, Ragwort, Japanese knotweed, Himalayan Balsam, and Giant Hogweed.