Bradford bulky waste isn’t always easy to get rid of due to its awkward shapes and sizes. Furniture, fridges, appliances, and other big items need a bit of extra thought and effort to dispose of, compared to everyday waste. At Divert we provide bulky waste collection in Bradford to make the task quick, efficient, and effortless.
A couple of our team can remove all sorts of bulky items from your home anywhere in Bradford. Think of things too big for your general waste and recycling bins that need two or more pairs of hands to remove, such as furniture, white goods, and big appliances. All bulky waste in Bradford we collect is diverted away from landfill, recycled and reused.
Bulky Waste Collection In Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Bradford bulky waste
Some of the main types of bulky waste we can collect in Bradford are:
- Fridge freezers
- Carpet and underlay
- Clothes rails
- Big IT equipment
How bulky waste collection works in Bradford
Let us know the bulky items you need collecting, where from in Bradford, and when for a free quote. If you’re happy with the fixed price we’ll book a time and date for the collection. One of our purple vans with a couple of our team will come out and load everything into the van.
They’ll lift and carry our bulky items, providing effortless removal for you. Once everything is in the van they’ll take it to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford. Here it’s all checked, sorted, and sent for recycling, reuse, or responsible disposal – depending on the waste type.
For example, any furniture in decent condition and working appliances may be donated to charity or for a community cause. Wooden shelves could be sent for treatment and recycling alongside other wood materials, while any sofas containing POPs will be incinerated safely, in line with government regulations.
Get a free quote
Local recycling centres in Bradford
You can take bulky waste from your home to the eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) across Bradford. However, limits apply to specific bulky items, such as:
- Mattresses, bed bases, and frames – maximum of four per year
- Sofas, chairs, and other cushioned seating – maximum of two per year
- Carpets – maximum of six per year
- Televisions – maximum of three per year
- Computers – maximum of two per year
- Large domestic appliances (eg: fridge) – maximum of two per year
- Soil, hardcore, tiles, bricks, and rubble – up to 12 x 25kg bags per year
- Bathroom suite – only one per year
- Fitted kitchen – only one per year
To use any HWRC you must have a resident permit – or a van permit if you visit in a van, pickup, or vehicle with a trailer. Commercial bulky waste can only be disposed of at two waste transfer stations at Bowling Back Lane and Keighley. Charges apply depending on the type of bulky waste and only licensed waste carriers can use the stations.
Donate bulky waste to charities in Bradford
A sustainable option is to donate any bulky items still in decent and/or working condition from your home to a local charity. It’s a great way to support a good cause and reduces the amount of energy and materials required to create new products. Many organisations also offer free collection of furniture, appliances, and other bulky items.
A few charities in Bradford where you can donate bulky items include:
- British Heart Foundation – furniture and appliances are accepted with free collection available. Items are sold in the BHF furniture and electrical store.
- Keighley Furniture Project – arrange free collection of furniture in the Keighley and Skipton for reuse, upcycling, and recycling.
- Newlands Furniture Service – provides free collection of furniture and appliances from households within 15 miles.
- RSPCA – donate furniture with free collections available. These go to the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch, before being sold in 10 shops across the region.
- Scraptastic – accepts various bulky waste items but send a photo of them to this scrap store in Shipley first to check if they can use it or not.
- Freecycle and Freegle – list your bulky items for free online to other residents and put collection as essential if it helps.
Bradford Council bulky waste collections
Bradford Council offers a bulky waste collection service to residents of domestic properties across the district. You can arrange as many collections as you need in a year but there is a charge and a maximum collection of 10 items at a time. Current charges are £20 for up to five items and £35 for six to 10 items.
Limits apply to certain items:
- Carpet – must be rolled and no longer than 4ft
- Dining chairs – maximum of eight
- Lino – rolled and up to 4ft in length
- Garden Waste – either one bag or one bundle (max 4 ft length)
Certain bulky items cannot be collected as part of Bradford Council’s service. These include bathroom suites, fitted kitchen or bedroom suites, mirrors, radiators, rubble, windows, and doors. Collections occur between Tuesday to Friday (6am to 5pm) and the day depends on your postcode.
Why use Divert for bulky waste disposal in Bradford?
Save yourself the hassle of getting rid of any big and bulky items with Divert. A couple of our professional team will lift and carry your waste for fast, efficient, and effortless removals anywhere in Bradford and the wider district. Plus, we ensure all waste is diverted away from landfill to keep the city green.
Get a free no obligation quote with fixed prices and labour included. Just let us know what you need collecting, where from and when then we’ll book removal at a time that suits you
We’re based in Yorkshire and have great connections to Bradford waste sites, helping us deliver quick, reliable, and local bulky waste disposal services across the region.
- Any type of bulky waste collected in Bradford
- Reliable bulky waste collections
- Free no obligation quote for your bulky waste
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Bulky waste diverted away from landfill in Bradford
Collections across Bradford
Arrange bulky waste collection in BradfordContact us online for a free quote for bulky waste collection in Bradford. Provide a few details of what you need collecting, where from, and when. If you’ve got any questions then one of our friendly and expert team will happily answer them and book your Bradford bulky waste collection.
Get a free quote
Where can I book bulky waste collection in Bradford?
You can book bulky waste collection anywhere in Bradford – from Little Germany out to Clayton, Cleckheaton, and Haworth. Bulky waste removals are available from homes and businesses with a BD postcode at a time and date that suits your schedule. Arrange a bulky waste collection in Bradford from:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
Can I take my van to the tip in Bradford?
To dispose of bulky waste at a household waste recycling centre (HWRC) in Bradford you might use a van or large vehicle. You need a van permit to take your van to the tip in Bradford. These are free if you live in the Bradford district and pay council tax to Bradford Council and only use the HWRC to dispose of household bulky waste.
You can apply for a temporary or annual van permit (or a recycling permit if using the van for business purposes). To apply for a permit, you need to do it in person at Bowling Back Lane Household Waste Recycling Centre or Keighley Transfer Station.
How much does bulky waste collection cost in Bradford?
Bulky waste collection costs in Bradford depend on the type and number of items being removed, where from, and when. The easiest way to find out how much bulky waste removal will cost is to apply for a free quote tailored to your needs. We provide competitive quotes with fixed prices and no hidden fees.