Reliable and responsible rubbish removal in Leeds helps make any house move, garden clearance, office renovation, or simple clear-out run smoothly. At Divert we provide a wide range of Leeds waste removal services to get rid of many waste types easily and in an environmentally friendly way – diverting your rubbish away from landfill.
When it comes to waste removal in Leeds we’re passionate about recycling and keeping the city as green as Roundhay Park and the turf at Elland Road. That’s why our solutions for getting rid of bulky items, electronics, office furniture, and other household waste focus on recycling and reuse.
Our fast and flexible wait and load service provides a quick, convenient, and eco-friendly way to remove and dispose of all sorts of waste in the West Yorkshire capital. Find out more about our on-demand services and get started with a free quote for rubbish removal in Leeds – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online.
Rubbish Removal in Leeds
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your rubbish removal
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- We cover all of Leeds
Household waste collection in Leeds
Leeds City Council provides general waste and recycling bins to around 341,500 households across the city. There are many items and waste types these collections don’t cover, and you’re also limited to the bin sizes provided and set removal dates. We provide flexible solutions to remove and dispose of all sorts of household waste in Leeds.
Get rid of domestic waste in Leeds whether you’ve missed a bin collection, have some big and bulky items to get rid of, are moving house or clearing out an office. You can book household waste collection at a time and date that suits you and like all our services, we divert it away from landfill sites.
According to the latest data, Leeds has a household waste recycling rate of around 35%, which has fallen since 2016. Around 38,334 tonnes of household recycling waste are collected every year from households’ green bins in the city. However, almost a quarter of that isn’t recyclable and ends up being shredded and sent abroad.
Whatever type of rubbish you need removed from your home we ensure it’s reused, recycled, and disposed of responsibly to help the city improve its recycling efforts.
How does Leeds rubbish removal work?
The type of items you want to get rid of affects exactly how our Leeds rubbish removal services work. Start by getting a free quote for on-demand waste collection in Leeds. Simply tell us the items you need removing, roughly how much there is, when you want them collected, and where from – our team can advise on the best option.
We offer a man and van service to remove many waste items in Leeds. They’ll visit your home or business at the agreed time and load everything up, before transporting it to a nearby waste management facility for recycling and disposal. If you’ve got items that need more than two people, please let us know so we can send out an extra pair of hands.
Big jobs such as entire house and office clearances or the removal of a complete furniture suite mean we’ll use one of our larger purple trucks. The process is similar and our team will load everything up so you don’t have to worry about any heavy lifting. It reduces the number of trips required for cheap rubbish removal in Leeds.
Get a fast quote
Why use Divert for rubbish removal in Leeds?
There are various landfills across Leeds, notably the Skelton Grange and Copley Lane landfill sites. At Divert we make it our mission to prevent any rubbish we remove from households and businesses from ending up in either of these. Instead, we focus on recycling, reusing, and responsibly disposing of your rubbish in Leeds.
This helps look after the local Leeds environment, so you can feel confident that your waste doesn’t add to pollution levels that affect the city’s 800,000 residents. Our team are professional, uniformed, trained, and CRB checked and deliver quick, convenient, and effective rubbish removal anywhere in Leeds.
From our base in Yorkshire, we can devise affordable and efficient waste removals to suit your needs. Our excellent local knowledge of Leeds and the surrounding areas ensures your rubbish ends up in the right place. Save time, money, and effort by getting rid of any waste from your home or business in Leeds.
- On-demand rubbish removal in Leeds
- Home, garden, and office clearances
- Fixed prices including labour, transport, and equipment
- Free no obligation quote for Leeds rubbish removal
- All areas of Leeds covered
Rubbish removal across Leeds
Reliable waste collection
Where do you collect waste
We can collect waste in Leeds from anywhere with an LS postcode, from the city centre out to Morley, Horsforth, Otley and further afield. The main suburbs, villages, towns, and other areas of Leeds where we can collect waste are:
- Leeds city centre (LS1)
- Woodhouse and Little London (LS2)
- Burley and Kirkstall (LS3 and LS4)
- Headingley, Hyde Park, and Meanwood (LS6)
- Chapel Allerton, Chapeltown, and Sheepscar (LS7)
- Roundhay, Harehills, and Oakwood (LS8)
- Burmantofts, East End Park, and Halton Moor (LS9)
- Hunslet, Middleton, and Stourton (LS10)
- Beeston, Cottingley, and Holbeck (LS11)
- Armley, Wortley, and New Farnley (LS12)
- Bramley, Moorside, and Rodley (LS13)
- Seacroft, Thorner, and Killingbeck (LS14)
- Cross Gates, Colton, and Temple Newsham (LS15)
- Adel, Cookridge, Lawnswood, and Bramhope (LS16)
- Alwoodley, Moortown, Shadwell, and Harewood (LS17)
- Horsforth (LS18)
- Yeadon, Rawdon, and Carlton (LS19)
- Guiseley (LS20)
- Otley (LS21)
- Wetherby (LS22, LS23)
- Methley, Rothwell, and Woodlesford (LS26)
- Morley, Churwell, and Gildersome (LS27)
- Ilkley (LS29)
Book Leeds waste removalGet a free quote for waste removal in Leeds today. Tell us what you need collecting, where from, and when and we’ll provide a no-obligation price based on your needs. A fixed price that includes all labour costs means there are no hidden surprises on the day. Call 0333 444 0118 or get a quote online for Leeds waste removal.
Get a free quote
Leeds recycling charities
There are various charities and organisations in Leeds that accept used furniture, white goods, electricals, and other items from homes and businesses. This avoids adding to landfill and using energy for recycling while helping those in need too. Some offer free collection services for extra convenience.
These are a few organisations in Leeds that will reuse all sorts of waste items:
- Leeds and Moortown Furniture Store – they can collect unwanted furniture, bedding, mirrors, and pans. They don’t accept white goods or electricals.
- Emmaus Leeds – accepts furniture, white goods, and small electricals for resale in their charity shops.
- Martin House – accepts furniture (except beds) and working electrical and white goods to resell.
- St Luke’s Cares – collect up to nine items for free and can carry out house clearances, with all working goods sold in their shop.
- Leeds Bike Mill – a community bike recycling and training cooperative that takes donations of old bicycles, parts, and tools.
- Seagulls – this community group takes old paint and varnish for reuse and resale at a low cost. You can donate at Leeds recycling centres.
- Leeds Freegle – offer items you don’t need to be matched up with someone in the Leeds area that may be interested in them.
- Revive Leeds – sells donated items in their Kirkstall and Seacroft stores. Only accept items in working use and no appliances, large white goods, or soft furnishings without fire safety labels.
Is using a skip for rubbish removal in Leeds a bad idea?
Leeds is a busy city, which makes it much harder for large skips to come to your house or business. You need a licence to place them on the street – a huge problem in Leeds, where off-road parking is at a premium – and it will also cost more, take extra time and put the onus on you to shift all your waste.
Then there’s the obvious environmental impact skips cause, with repeat trips from huge trucks to deliver and collect them. Divert takes all the hard work out of this for you with our man and van rubbish removal service in Leeds.
Where is my rubbish taken after collection in Leeds?
Where your rubbish goes after we remove it from your home or business depends on its type and your location. Lots of waste goes to Kirkstall and Seacroft waste transfer centres as they both accept commercial waste. Here it’s sorted by type and recycled. You receive a free duty of care certificate for proof your rubbish is transported and disposed of safely.
How do I report fly-tipping in Leeds?
You can report fly-tipping in Leeds through the Leeds City Council website. This is when waste is dumped illegally on public or private land. More than 16,000 instances of fly-tipping were reported across Leeds in 2020/21, so reporting is important to help tackle the problem.
You can be fined up to £400 if you use an unlicensed waste carrier to remove your rubbish and it’s then fly-tipped. Therefore using licensed waste carriers, such as Divert, to remove your waste is essential.