Arrange garden waste collection in Bradford and get rid of bags of leaves, grass cuttings, plants, and other green waste easily. There are around 210,000 households in Bradford and, as seven in eight UK homes have a garden, it means there could be about 183,000 domestic gardens across the West Yorkshire city.
These range in size and style, from front and back yards with a few potted plants in Idle and Barkerend, to semi and detached houses with green lawns that give Peel Park a run for its money. All Bradford garden waste is diverted away from landfill, with as much as possible sent for composting.
Garden Waste Collection in Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Bradford garden waste
Whatever types and amount of garden waste you need disposed of in Bradford, we can collect all sorts from homes and businesses, including:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Flowers, plants, and leaves
- Bark, branches, and twigs
- Wood chippings
- Garden furniture
- Fencing and decking
- Soil, gravel, and brick rubble (from garden walls)
How garden waste removal in Bradford works
Start with a free quote based on the type and amount of garden waste you need removing, where from in Bradford and when. Once a day and time for garden waste removal in Bradford is booked, bag up all your green rubbish – such as grass cuttings, leaves, and plants.
On the day one of our purple vans and a couple of our team will come to your home or business and load up your green waste. They’ll do all the lifting and carrying to save you the effort. However, they’re not gardeners so can’t cut your grass or start repotting plants.
Once your garden waste bags are loaded up they’ll take it to a local waste transfer station in Bradford. It’s checked and sorted and then sent for recycling and responsible disposal. Any garden furniture and fencing will go for treatment and recycling, while most of the green waste should go to a composting site.
This is like composting at home but on a larger scale. The likes of grass, hedge, and tree cuttings are added to big compost piles. They reach temperatures of up to 60°C and are turned regularly to speed up the process. Once fully composted it’s used for a range of agricultural and other applications.
Get a free quote
Bradford Council garden waste service
Bradford Council provides a garden waste collection service to residents across the city. You must subscribe to the service and a small charge applies. Residents receive 12 collections across the year, one every four weeks. Garden waste should be placed in the brown bin provided with a valid bin sticker on each brown bin you need emptying.
Any brown bins without a garden waste sticker will not be collected. Garden bins can be used for grass cuttings, leaves and bark, twigs, tree and hedge trimmings, plants, flowers, and weeds. You can’t use them for large branches, garden furniture, fencing, soil, stone, and gravel.
Find out more about Bradford’s household garden bin collections and check your collection dates on the Bradford Council website.
Why use Divert for a garden clearance in Bradford?
Clear any garden waste from your home or business with Divert. We can collect your bags of green waste, outdoor furniture, broken fencing, and more at a time and date that suits you with our on-demand service. Our professional team will lift, carry, and load up your waste for efficient and effortless removal.
Get a free quote for garden waste clearance in Bradford with fixed prices and labour costs included. We divert all garden waste away from landfill to help protect the local environment and save businesses money on landfill tax too.
We’re based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste sites across Bradford for that local approach.
- Any garden waste collected in Bradford
- Reliable garden waste removal
- Free no obligation quote for a Bradford garden clearance
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Green waste diverted away from landfill
Arrange garden waste removal in BradfordGet a free quote for garden waste removal in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Just provide a few details about the types and amount of green waste you need collecting, where from, and when. One of our friendly and expert team can answer any of your questions and book your collection today.
Get a free quote
Where can I book garden waste collection in Bradford?
Garden waste collection is available anywhere across the Bradford district – from the city centre out to Shipley, Baildon, and Keighley. We can remove waste from domestic gardens and businesses with a BD postcode. Book garden waste collection in Bradford from:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
Can I take garden waste to the tip in Bradford?
You can take garden waste from your home to any of the eighth household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Bradford. Each one should have a dedicated container for garden waste. You can also take garden furniture and fencing to HWRCs in Bradford for disposal and recycling, though it will go in a separate section at the site.
What can you put in a garden waste bin in Bradford?
You can put the following waste types in a garden waste bin in Bradford for collection by the local council:
- Grass cuttings
- Leaves and bark
- Twigs and small branches (cut up)
- Tree and hedge trimmings
- Garden plants and dead flowers
You cannot use a garden waste bin in Bradford for:
- Giant hogweed or Japanese knotweed
- Large branches
- Turf, earth, soil, stone, and gravel
- Food waste (including fruit and veg peelings)
- Dog and cat faeces
- Pet bedding and straw
- Plant pots and seed trays
- Wire or plastic plant ties