A good night’s sleep is essential in Bradford, but you need a comfy bed to get a good forty winks. An old, sagging, and uncomfortable mattress will need throwing away to ensure this. Most last for around ten years before they start to lose their shape, but disposal is tricky due to their size.
Arrange mattress collection in Bradford with Divert to get rid of your old one easily. With more than 555,000 people living and sleeping across the Bradford district, even though most couples may share, it still means many mattresses are being replaced daily. Responsible disposal is vital to avoid them ending up in landfill.
We collect all shapes and sizes of mattresses in any condition from anywhere in Bradford. This includes single, double, queen, and king-size mattresses, as well as those from frame, bunk, and sleigh beds. Get a free quote for mattress collection in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online.
Mattress Collection in Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
How mattress collection works in Bradford
Simply let us know the size and number of mattresses you need to get rid of, where from, and when for a free quote. Then we can book a time and date for mattress removal in Bradford. One of our purple vans and a couple of our professional team will come out to collect it.
They’ll lift, carry, and load the mattress for effortless removal (for you). Then it’ll be transported to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford. The mattress will be checked and sent for donation, recycling, or incineration – depending on its condition and type. Either way, it’ll avoid going to landfill and be disposed of responsibly.
Most mattresses are recycled. They’re broken down, parts separated and then recycled alongside similar materials. For example, any metal springs will be sent for recycling with other metals – usually melted down and turned into new metal products. Foam from the mattress filling can be converted into carpet padding.
Get a free quote
Bradford Council mattress collectionResidents can use Bradford Council’s bulky waste collection service to get rid of a mattress. They can collect single and double-bed mattresses from homes across the city. Charges apply of £20 for up to five items and £35 for six to ten items. Collection is only available one day a week, which depends on your postcode. This will be any time between Tuesday to Friday, 6am to 5pm. You must put your old mattress outside before 6am on the day of collection and ensure it’s covered to protect it from the weather.
Donate your mattress in Bradford
If you’ve got an old mattress that’s still in a useable condition then you could donate it to a local charity in Bradford. This saves on the energy required for recycling and materials needed to make a new one, while also helping a worthy cause. Some of the charities that accept mattresses in a good condition include:
- British Heart Foundation – free collection is available for bulky items including mattresses. These are sold in Bradford’s BHF furniture and electrical store.
- Keighley Furniture Project – old mattresses may be collected for free from households in the Keighley and Skipton area and then reused, upcycled, and recycled.
- Newlands Furniture Service – large items can be collected for free from households within 15 miles, including mattresses in decent condition.
- RSPCA – free collections are available for the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch, including mattresses, which are resold in 10 shops across the region.
- Scraptastic – send a photo of your old mattress to this scrap store in Shipley and they’ll let you know if they can use it or not.
- Freecycle and Freegle – an easy way to get rid of an old mattress is to list it online for free to other residents on either of these sites.
Why use Divert for mattress collection in Bradford?
Easily get rid of an old mattress in Bradford with Divert. Our professional team do all the lifting and carrying to make the removal and disposal of a mattress in Bradford effortless. We divert all mattresses away from landfill too, so you can rest assured it’s disposed of responsibly.
Get a free quote that includes all labour costs with no hidden prices. For landlords and other businesses, you’ll save money on landfill tax too. As our team are based in Yorkshire we provide a truly local mattress removal service in Bradford, with connections to waste sites in the city and a great knowledge of the area.
- Any mattress size collected in Bradford
- Reliable mattress removals anywhere in Bradford
- Free no obligation quote for mattress removal
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old mattresses recycled and diverted away from landfill
Collections across Bradford
Great company to work withMrs C A Knight
Great company to work with, very professional and a competitive price. Very good service and (Marcus) is always helpful and comes back to you straight away to any questions. We are a small nursery school and just have nappy bins emptied but I would recommend Divert and will also use their other services after reading other positive reviews
Arrange mattress disposal in BradfordGet a free quote for mattress disposal in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Provide a few details about the size of your mattress, where it is and when you want it removed. If you’ve got any questions or concerns then one of our friendly and expert team can help.
Get a free quote
Where can I book mattress collection in Bradford?
You can book mattress collection anywhere in Bradford. We can collect an old mattress from a flat in Little Germany to houses in Thornbury, Odsal, and out to Keighley and other surrounding towns and villages. Mattress collection is available from anywhere with a BD postcode as we cover:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
How much does it cost to dispose of a mattress in Bradford?
The cost to dispose of a mattress in Bradford depends on the shape and size of the mattress, where you need it collected from, and when. The easiest way to see the clear costs of mattress collection in Bradford is to apply for a free quote. Our fixed prices include labour costs for a straightforward price.
Can you collect beds in Bradford?
Bed collection in Bradford is also available as part of our furniture removal service. We can also remove your bed frame and mattress at the same time, just let us know when you get a free quote and book a collection. Like all waste we collect in Bradford, any beds are diverted away from landfill and sent for reuse or recycling where possible.
Learn more about furniture removal in Bradford