Fridge removal in Leeds can be a challenge without a van and the labour to move such big and bulky electrical appliances. We offer fridge freezer collection for Leeds households and businesses to make getting rid of your old one fast, easy, and affordable. And we try to divert as many old fridges as possible away from landfill.
Responsible disposal and recycling of old fridges is vital as they’re a type of hazardous waste. It’s your duty to ensure any old fridge you’re getting rid of is disposed of safely and legally to protect human health and the local Leeds environment. Our licensed waste carriers provide peace of mind that your fridges are processed properly at the end of their life.
Fridge Freezer Removal in Leeds
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- We cover all of Leeds
Leeds fridge collection
At Divert we collect all sorts of fridges and freezers in Leeds for responsible disposal, including:
- Domestic fridge freezers
- Single household fridge or single freezer
- Domestic chest freezers
- American fridge freezers
- Commercial fridges and freezers
How fridge removal works in Leeds
Start by getting a free quote for fridge freezer collection in Leeds. This is based on the size and number of fridges you want removing, where from, and when. If you’re happy with the no-obligation quote price, we’ll book the removal for the day and time you want.
One of our purple trucks and likely a team of two will head to your home or business in Leeds on the day. They’ll do all the backbreaking work of moving your old fridge and loading it into the van, so you can save your strength. Then it’ll be driven to a local waste transfer station in Leeds.
Once the fridge is dropped off and all relevant paperwork taken care of it’ll be recycled. The process for recycling a fridge freezer varies but normally the refrigerant and motor oil are drained first before the motor is taken out and recycled separately. Any gases are extracted from its insulation foam and the shell is removed.
Other materials (plastic, metal, and foam) that make up the fridge are separated. They’re then sent for recycling alongside other waste products of the same stream, which are often turned into new products (sometimes new fridges and freezer parts).
Who needs on-demand
fridge freezer removal in Leeds?
Most fridge freezers last for around ten years. When your old one has reached the end of its life or you’re replacing it with a new energy-efficient model you’ll need to get rid of your fridge responsibly in Leeds. Moving a big fridge freezer out of your kitchen can be tough.
At Divert we help households across Leeds say goodbye to their old fridge freezers with on-demand removal services. Our drivers will do all the heavy lifting and are also licensed waste carriers, so they can collect old fridge freezers from Leeds businesses too.
We can collect fridge freezers from anywhere in Leeds and the surrounding area, including:
Get a free quote
Donate a fridge freezer in Leeds
If you’re upgrading to a more efficient model or moving home and can’t take your old fridge freezer with you but it’s still in working condition, consider donating it. Passing on an old fridge freezer is a sustainable option as it avoids creating any waste or using energy to recycle it while helping those in need.
There are many charities and other services in Leeds that accept fridge freezers in good, reusable condition, such as:
- SLATE – donate or arrange collection of fridge freezers in working order. They’re resold in shops in Hunslet and Armley, which provide work and training opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
- Emmaus Leeds – accepts fridge freezers in working order and offers a collection service. These are resold in their second-hand superstore to support homeless people in the community.
- Martin House – fridge freezers that work can be donated or collected and taken to the Thorp Arch furniture warehouse and showroom. Funds raised support the children’s hospice and families across West, North, and East Yorkshire.
- St Luke’s Cares – they can carry out complete house clearances or will just accept an old fridge freezer that works. These are resold in their south Leeds store to support young people in the community.
Why use Divert for fridge freezer removal in Leeds?
Quickly and easily get rid of your old fridge freezer in Leeds at a time and date that suits you with Divert. Book fridge freezer collection in Leeds and two of our team will do all the heavy lifting and transport for responsible disposal, diverting it away from landfill.
Get a free no obligation quote for fridge removal in Leeds wherever you’re based. Fixed prices with labour included provide clear costs for simple budgeting. We can collect old fridge freezers from homes and businesses across Leeds and the surrounding area, removing one or more at the same time if needed.
Our team are based in Yorkshire with a great local knowledge of Leeds and connections to the city’s waste transfer stations. This helps us deliver a local and effective service to get rid of any type and size of fridge, freezer, or combination with ease.
- Any type of fridge freezer collected in Leeds
- Reliable and responsible fridge freezer disposal
- Free no obligation quote for your fridge collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old fridge freezers diverted away from landfill in Leeds
Collections across Leeds
Reliable fridge removal
An excellent companyRaines
This was the second time I have used Divert and will certainly use them again. They are incredibly professional, fast and friendly! I can highly recommend this excellent company.
Arrange fridge freezer collection in LeedsCall 0333 444 0118 or contact us online today for a free quote for fridge freezer collection in Leeds. All we need to know are the size of your fridge, how many you need removing, where from and when. If you’re happy with your no-obligation quote we’ll book your fridge freezer collection in Leeds today.
Get a free quote
Where can I book fridge freezer collection in Leeds?
Fridge freezer collection is available anywhere in Leeds and the surrounding area. At Divert our purple trucks and vans can visit anywhere with an LS postcode – from removing a fridge from a restaurant along Greek Street in the city centre to collecting old fridge freezers out in Garforth, Guiseley, and elsewhere. Book fridge freezer collection in:
- Leeds city centre (LS1)
- Woodhouse and Little London (LS2)
- Burley and Kirkstall (LS3 and LS4)
- Headingley, Hyde Park, and Meanwood (LS6)
- Chapel Allerton, Chapeltown, and Sheepscar (LS7)
- Roundhay, Harehills, and Oakwood (LS8)
- Burmantofts, East End Park, and Halton Moor (LS9)
- Hunslet, Middleton, and Stourton (LS10)
- Beeston, Cottingley, and Holbeck (LS11)
- Armley, Wortley, and New Farnley (LS12)
- Bramley, Moorside, and Rodley (LS13)
- Seacroft, Thorner, and Killingbeck (LS14)
- Cross Gates, Colton, and Temple Newsham (LS15)
- Adel, Cookridge, Lawnswood, and Bramhope (LS16)
- Alwoodley, Moortown, Shadwell, and Harewood (LS17)
- Horsforth (LS18)
- Yeadon, Rawdon, and Carlton (LS19)
- Guiseley (LS20)
- Otley (LS21)
- Methley, Rothwell, and Woodlesford (LS26)
- Morley, Churwell, and Gildersome (LS27)
How do I get rid of my fridge in Leeds?
You can get rid of your fridge in Leeds in various ways, depending on its condition and whether it’s from your home or business:
- Take it to your nearest HWRC if you have a vehicle and someone to help easily load and unload it.
- Arrange fridge collection in Leeds with Divert for removal from your home or business at a time that suits you, with labour included.
- Book an unwanted items collection with Leeds City Council (only available for fridges up to 6×4 feet).
- Donate to a charity in Leeds – some include a free collection service.
- Offer it for free or for sale online, using the likes of eBay, Facebook Marketplace, and Gumtree. You can specify if collection is required or not.
Who will pick up an old refrigerator for free in Leeds?
Leeds City Council offers an unwanted items collection service that includes old refrigerators (up to 6×4 feet in size). This is free for private residents that live within the Leeds council tax area. However, you’re limited to five items per collection and four collections per year. Pickup time can also be anywhere between 7am and 5pm on the day.
Some charities will pick up old refrigerators in working condition for free in Leeds too, for sale in their charity shops. These include SLATE, Emmaus, Martin House, and St Luke’s Cares.