Fridge freezers are big, bulky items that are tricky to move and dispose of. To make things quick, effortless, and affordable, we provide fridge freezer removal in Harrogate to homes and businesses across the district. Our professional team will come and carry out your old fridge for fast and easy collections.
Any type and size of fridge freezer can be collected with Divert, wherever you’re home or business is in Harrogate. We divert all old fridge freezers away from landfill in Harrogate, ensuring each one is recycled, donated, or disposed of responsibly. Licensed waste carriers remove and transport your old fridges safely and legally.
Fridge Freezer Removal in Harrogate
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your old fridge
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of fridge freezers
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Harrogate
Harrogate fridge collection
We can collect and dispose of all sorts of fridges in Harrogate, including old:
- Domestic fridge freezers
- Single household fridge or single freezer
- Domestic chest freezers
- American fridge freezers
- Commercial fridges and freezers
How fridge removal works in Harrogate
Start with a free quote for fridge removal in Harrogate tailored to your needs – including the type, size, and number of fridges you want removed, where from in Harrogate, and when. We’ll book a collection date if you’re happy with the price for when one of our purple vans will come out to your address.
A couple of our professional team will lift, carry, and load your refrigerator into the van, so you don’t need to worry about shifting it yourself. Once everything’s loaded up, they’ll drive it to a nearby waste transfer station in North Yorkshire. Here it’s checked and sent for recycling, donation (if in working condition), or disposal.
If your old fridge is recycled the general process involves any refrigerant and motor oil being drained first. Its motor, plastic shell, foam insulation, and metal parts will be removed and sent for recycling alongside other similar materials. These can be converted into recycled metals and plastics that are used to create new fridges.
Who needs on-demand fridge freezer removal in Harrogate?
Most if not all of the more than 70,000 households in Harrogate have one or more fridges and freezers that need replacing at some point. A fridge freezer should last for around ten years, but you might want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient one beforehand or move home and not take it with you.
We can remove fridge freezers from homes across Harrogate at a time and date that suits you. There are also more than 200 restaurants, cafes, and takeaways in Harrogate that use fridges and freezers to keep food fresh. These need removing quickly when they break down to fit a replacement.
The main places that benefit from on-demand fridge removal in Harrogate include:
Get a free quote
Local recycling centres in Harrogate
Harrogate residents can take fridges and freezers to the two main household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) – Harrogate HWRC and West Harrogate HWRC. Disposal of fridge freezers from a household is free and you only need to register for a vehicle permit if using a van, pickup, or another commercial vehicle.
Any fridge freezers from commercial settings can only be taken to West Harrogate HWRC by a licensed waste carrier. Charges apply to dispose of any fridges that class as commercial waste (from a business, school, landlord etc.). You’ll also need to register your vehicle to use the site.
Harrogate households can also use the council’s bulky item collection service to get rid of old fridges and freezers. Current costs are £46.75 per two items, with an additional collection needed for any more items. The time and date of the collection depend on your address and contractors won’t remove a fridge freezer from inside your home.
Donate a fridge freezer in Harrogate
A sustainable way to get rid of a fridge freezer that still works in Harrogate is to donate it to a local charity. If you’re only replacing it with a newer model because you’re moving or want a more energy efficient one, this is a great option. It saves on the energy required for recycling and helps a good cause.
There are all sorts of charities and services across Harrogate where you can get rid of a fridge for free. Some charities even offer a free collection service for added convenience. Consider getting rid of a fridge freezer for free in Harrogate from the following places:
- Essential Needs – provide collections for donations of electrical appliances like fridges that are clean and in good condition.
- Freecycle – list your old fridge freezer for free to others in the Harrogate district. Put collection as a necessity for hassle-free removal.
- Saint Michael’s Hospice – accepts donations of old fridge freezers, which are resold in 11 shops across the Harrogate district.
- British Heart Foundation – offers a free collection service for old fridge freezers. These are resold in their stores in Harrogate and Ripon.
- British Red Cross – the central Harrogate shop takes all sorts of donations, including some fridge freezers.
Why use Divert for fridge freezer removal in Harrogate?
Get rid of your old fridge freezer in Harrogate at a time and date that suits you and ensure it’s diverted away from landfill. This ensures your fridge freezer is recycled, reused, or disposed of responsibly. Our professional team do all the lifting to save you the effort and labour is included in the costs.
Start with a free no obligation quote before booking Harrogate fridge removal. We’re based in North Yorkshire with great connections to waste sites across the county. Our drivers know the district well, helping us deliver fast, flexible, and local fridge freezer collections. Enjoy effortless and efficient fridge removal anywhere in Harrogate.
- Any type of fridge freezer collected in Harrogate
- Reliable and responsible fridge freezer disposal
- Free no obligation quote for your fridge collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old fridge freezers diverted away from landfill
Collections across Harrogate
Reliable fridge removal
5 stars all around, will definitely be using againClaire Smith
Brilliant and Seamless service from start to finish. Divert came to my rescue when I required my old gas oven and fridge/freezer removing. Cameron’s assistance and knowledge was incredibly helpful throughout the process, and the quick turn around from quote to collection was superb. 5 stars all around, will definitely be using again.
Arrange fridge freezer collection in HarrogateCall 0333 444 0118 or contact us online today for a free quote for fridge freezer collection in Harrogate. We just need to know the type, size, and number of fridges, where you want them collected from and when. If you’ve got any questions, one of our friendly and expert team can help.
Get a free quote
Where can I book fridge freezer collection in Harrogate?
Fridge freezer collections are available anywhere in Harrogate and the surrounding towns and villages. We can remove a fridge from homes with an HG postcode, whether you live in the town centre close to Valley Gardens, further out in Pannal and Beckwithshaw, or nearby towns such as Ripon, Killinghall, and Knaresborough. We cover:
- Harrogate town centre, Jennyfields, Duchy, New Park, and High Harrogate (HG1)
- Pannal Ash, Hornbeam Park, Rossett, Oatlands, and Woodlands (HG2)
- Pannal, Burn Bridge, Pateley Bridge, Glasshouses, Ripley, Killinghall, Kirkby Overblow, Spofforth, Beckwithshaw, and Follifoot (HG3)
- Ripon, Masham, Wath, Leighton, and Eavestone (HG4)
- Knaresborough, Staveley, Allerton, Plompton, and Flaxby (HG5)
How do I dispose of a refrigerator in Harrogate?
To dispose of a refrigerator in Harrogate there are a few things you can do:
- Take a refrigerator to Harrogate or West Harrogate HWRC. Residents can dispose of a fridge from your home for free at either site.
- Arrange refrigerator removal in Harrogate with Divert. One of our purple vans and professional team can collect your old fridge freezer anywhere in Harrogate at a time and date that suits you.
- Use Harrogate Council’s bulky waste collection service. Collections are limited to two items and charges apply. The day of removal depends on your postcode.
- Donate it to a charity in Harrogate or list it online for free. Find a charity that offers a free collection service if you can’t drop off your old refrigerator in person.
How much does it cost to dispose of a fridge in Harrogate?
Fridge disposal costs in Harrogate with Divert depend on the type and size of fridge you have, how many, where you’re based, and when you want it collected. We can provide a free no obligation quote for a clear idea of the price tailored to your needs.
You can also dispose of a fridge for free in Harrogate by donating it to a local charity. Some provide a free collection service for extra convenience. Otherwise, you can take domestic fridges to both Harrogate HWRCs and dispose of them for free if you’re a resident.