Electrical waste is anything with a plug, battery, or cable that’s broken or simply no longer needed. This could be something as small as a torch to a speaker or fridge. We can help you get rid of any electrical waste in Bradford responsibly and affordably.
You can’t throw away Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) in your household waste or recycling bins provided by Bradford Council. This is because they may contain hazardous elements, which can contaminate other waste and leach into the ground if they end up in landfill. We can collect and dispose of your WEEE in Bradford responsibly, diverting it away from landfill.
WEEE Collection In Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Electronic waste in Bradford
We arrange responsible removal and disposal of WEEE in Bradford, including:
- Computers, laptops, and tablets
- Games consoles
- Stereos and speakers
- Printers and photocopiers
- Toasters and kettles
- Fridges and freezers
How electrical waste collection in Bradford works
Start with a free quote tailored to your needs, and then book electronic waste collection in Bradford. All we need to know are the electrical items you want collecting, where from, and when. We’ll book a time and date for collection and one of our purple vans with a couple of our professional team will come out on the day.
They’ll carry and load all your WEEE into the van, saving you the effort of moving large electronic appliances such as fridges, computers, and stereos. Then it’ll be taken to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford. Everything is checked, sorted, and sent for donation, recycling, or responsible disposal – depending on the items and their condition.
Any electrical items that are recycled will be broken down with their hazardous elements and precious metals removed. The likes of gold and silver can be reused in new electronic items. Other materials – such as plastic casing, metal, and glass parts – will be separated and recycled alongside the same materials to ensure as much as possible is reused.
Who needs electrical recycling in Bradford?
Homes and businesses across Bradford all need electrical recycling at some point given the importance electronics play in our daily lives. We can remove old microwaves, TVs, lamps, and more from the 210,000 households across Bradford. It makes getting rid of large electrical appliances anywhere in Bradford effortless.
We can also help businesses get rid of electrical items safely and responsibly, as our drivers are all licensed waste carriers. This includes if you’re clearing an office in Bradford of old printers, computers, and photocopiers, or getting rid of a dishwasher from a restaurant kitchen.
We help all sorts of places in Bradford with electrical recycling, including:
- Households – removal of large white goods and other domestic devices
- Offices – get rid of broken computers, printers, and IT equipment
- Restaurants – arrange collection of electrical cookers, microwaves, and dishwashers
- Shops – waste and broken electrical stock removal
- Hotels – damaged and old TVs, kettles, and irons from guest rooms
Get a free quote
Local recycling centres in Bradford
Residents can take domestic electrical waste to one of eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Bradford. It’s free to dispose of household electronics but limits apply to the number of certain items you can get rid of every year, including:
- Televisions – maximum of three per year
- Computers – maximum of two per year
- Large domestic appliances (eg: fridge) – maximum of two per year
You can dispose of as many small electrical appliances (such as kettles and toasters) as you want every year. Visitors need a resident permit or a van permit if using a van, pickup, or trailer. There are also various recycling banks for small electrical items across the Bradford district for household WEEE waste.
Commercial electronic waste can only be disposed of at two waste transfer stations in Bowling Back Lane and Keighley by licensed waste carriers – charges apply.
Donate old electronics in Bradford
Many charities in Braddford accept old electronic items, though most need to be in working condition (although some may take donations of broken ones). This reduces the energy needed for recycling, new materials to create fresh products, and helps a good cause. Plenty of charities offer free collections for electronic items too.
A few places where you can donate old electronics in Bradford include:
- British Heart Foundation – offers a free collection service for old electronics that are then sold in the BHF furniture and electrical store in Bradford.
- Keighley Furniture Project – collection is available for some electricals and white goods, which are reused, upcycled, and recycled in the Keighley and Skipton area.
- RSPCA – free collection of certain electronic items and devices is available for the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch. They’re resold in 10 shops across the region.
- Sandale Community Trust – old electricals are accepted and sold in the shop to support the local community.
- Scraptastic – send a photo of your old electrical item in advance to this scrap store in Shipley and they’ll let you know if it’s of use to them.
- Freecycle and Freegle – list any old electronic items in any condition for other residents to have for free.
Why use Divert for electrical waste collection in Bradford?
Responsibly dispose of any electrical items in Bradford with Divert. All waste is diverted away from landfill, ensuring the hazardous elements of WEEE items don’t harm the local environment. For businesses, it reduces how much landfill tax you pay to get rid of electrical waste as well.
Get a free no obligation quote with fixed prices and labour costs included. Arrange collections at a time and date that suits your schedule. We’re based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste sites across Bradford, providing a truly local service. This helps us deliver fast, flexible, and affordable electrical waste collections anywhere in Bradford.
- Any type of electronic waste collected in Bradford
- Reliable Bradford WEEE removals
- Free no obligation quote for WEEE collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Electronic waste recycled and diverted away from landfill
Collections across Bradford
Amazing company, amazing staff.Petravičius Erikas
The service that Divert offers is exactly what we were looking for!
Fast, efficient and friendly staff made the whole experience great.
Marcus the person who helped and linked everything up for us was also brilliant, could not have done it without him.
Arrange WEEE collection in BradfordGet a free quote for WEEE collection in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Simply tell us the type and amount of electrical waste you need removing, where from, and when. If you’ve got any queries then one of our friendly and expert team can help and book your collection today.
Get a free quote
Where can I book electronic waste collection in Bradford?
You can book collection of electronic waste from anywhere in Bradford and the wider district. Our vans can remove your electrical waste from city centre offices to homes in Idle, Tong, Wibsey, and out to Shipley and Keighley. We cover anywhere with a BD postcode. Book electronic waste collection in:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
Do Bradford Council collect fridges?
Bradford Council use contractors to provide an electrical waste collection service that includes the removal of fridges. There is a charge to use the service and they will only collect a maximum of two items from a property. They will not collect American fridge freezers or any fridges without a door.
Where can I recycle batteries in Bradford?
You can take batteries to any shop, supermarket, or retailer in Bradford that sells batteries and they should have a battery bin for recycling. Alternatively, you can take all sorts of batteries (including car batteries) to your nearest HWRC. There are also electrical recycling banks across Bradford that have a separate compartment for used batteries.