Recycling is vital but every business generates general waste in Wakefield. Even if you put in measures to increase your recycling levels, some rubbish types must be disposed of in general waste bins. Businesses must arrange collection of general waste in Wakefield by licensed waste carriers for safe and legal disposal.
At Divert we provide free bins for general waste – you only pay for collection. They’re removed by licensed waste carriers on a daily, weekly, or fortnightly schedule to suit your needs.
General Waste in Wakefield
Get a free quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Wakefield
Wakefield general waste collections
Currently, Wakefield has a domestic recycling rate of 45.8%. This means nearly 55% of household rubbish is thrown away in general waste bins. Unlike households, Wakefield Council won’t collect general waste from businesses, so you must arrange commercial waste collection.
Use commercial general waste bins in Wakefield to store:
- Snack wrappers and packets (that aren’t recyclable)
- Food scraps
- Used paper towels
- Polystyrene trays and packets
- Broken ceramic crockery
- Metal pots and pans
How commercial general waste collection works in Wakefield
Begin with a free quote for general waste collection in Wakefield based on the number and size of bins you need, where they’ll be collected from, and how frequently. If you’re happy with the fixed price provided, we can book in delivery of your free bins and their collection dates and times.
Once the bins are delivered, simply fill each one with non-recyclable general waste within any weight limits. Wheel them over to the collection point ahead of the agreed pickup time. One of our purple trucks driven by a licensed waste carrier will come and remove and replace your general waste bins on time.
They’ll transport them to a waste transfer site nearby where the waste is checked and sorted. It’s then sent for responsible disposal and diverted away from landfill. Often it will go to an anaerobic or incineration plant where the waste is used to produce energy. You’ll receive a free duty of care certificate confirming responsible disposal.
Who needs general waste collection in Wakefield?
Every Wakefield business needs general waste collection to get rid of non-recyclable rubbish responsibly. Customers, staff, daily processes and activities can create all sorts of general waste that must be stored and disposed of safely. It could be food scraps in the office kitchen, non-recyclable packaging from customers, used tissues, and other non-recyclable rubbish.
It’s a legal requirement that every business arranges removal of general waste by licensed waste carriers. This includes independent shops in Trinity Walk, offices in Wakefield city centre and the 150 schools across the Wakefield district.
Whatever organisation you run, general waste collection is necessary, especially for:
Get a free quote
Why use Divert for general waste collection in Wakefield?
Divert your general waste in Wakefield away from landfill with regular, reliable, and responsible collections and disposal. We ensure all your general waste is removed and disposed of safely to keep Wakefield green. Along with delivering free bins, you’ll save money on landfill tax by keeping your general waste away from Wakefield landfill sites.
Arrange tailored general waste collections to suit your needs with a range of bins and removal schedules for cost-effective management. We’re based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste sites across the Wakefield district and drivers who know the area well. This provides local general waste collections in Wakefield for a fast, flexible, and effective service.
- General waste diverted away from landfill
- Flexible Wakefield general waste collections to meet your needs
- Free no obligation quote for general waste collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Free bins for your general waste anywhere in Wakefield
Flexible bin collections
Arrange commercial waste collection in WakefieldGet a free quote for general waste collection in Wakefield – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Let us know the number and sizes of bins you need, where you want them collected from, and how often for a tailored no-obligation quote. Speak to one of our friendly team if you’ve got any questions about general waste in Wakefield.
Get a free quote
Where can you collect general waste in Wakefield?
General waste collection is available anywhere in Wakefield. We can deliver and collect general waste bins from any business with a WF postcode. This includes offices in the city centre, schools in Sandal and Outwood, shops in Featherstone, and companies in Castleford and beyond. Arrange general waste collection in Wakefield from:
- Wakefield city centre, Outwood, Eastmoor, and Agbrigg (WF1)
- Alverthorpe, Kirkhamgate, Newmillerdam, Sandal, Walton, and Wrenthorpe (WF2)
- Carlton, East Ardsley, Lofthouse, Robin Hood, Stanley, Thorpe, and Tingley (WF3)
- Crofton, Flockton, Horbury, Netherton, Ryhill, West Bretton, and Woolley (WF4)
- Ossett, Gawthorpe, and Healey (WF5)
- Normanton and Altofts (WF6)
- Featherstone, Ackton, Ackworth Moor Top, and Purston Jaglin (WF7)
- Pontefract, Kirk Smeaton, Little Smeaton, and Thorpe Audlin (WF8)
- South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton, Fitzwilliam, Hemsworth, and Kinsley (WF9)
- Castleford, Glasshoughton, Allerton Bywater, Ledston, and New Fryston (WF10)
- Knottingley, Brotherton, Fairburn, and Byram (WF11)
- Dewsbury, Thornhill, Briestfield, and Chickenley (WF12)
- Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury Moor, and Staincliffe (WF13)
- Mirfield, Battyeford, and Hopton (WF14)
- Liversedge, Hartshead, Hightown, and Roberttown (WF15)
- Heckmondwike (WF16)
- Batley, Birstall, Hanging Heaton, Soothill, and Staincliffe (WF17)
What goes in a green household bin in Wakefield?
Green household bins in Wakefield are used for non-recyclable rubbish. These are provided and managed by Wakefield Council. Most of the general waste is used to create energy rather than go to landfill. You can put in your green household bin in Wakefield:
- Food scraps
- Plastic packaging, bags, and trays
- Yoghurt pots
- Juice cartons
How much does general waste collection cost in Wakefield?
The cost of general waste collection in Wakefield with Divert depends on the number and size of general waste bins you use, where you’re based, and how frequently they’re collected. We provide fixed prices that include labour costs for a straightforward price. Combine the best bins and removal schedule to suit your needs and budget.