A Bradford house clearance can be a big job, whether it’s for a terraced house in Idle, a semi-detached home in Manningham, or a flat in Saltaire. You could be moving home, clearing the property after a bereavement, or simply having a spring clean. Whatever the reasons, you’ll need a hand.
At Divert we can help clear the 210,000 households in Bradford anywhere across the district. Save time, money, and effort with our purple vans and friendly team who take care of all the labour involved in a Bradford house clearance. Once our team removes everything you need clearing from a home, it’s disposed of responsibly – diverted away from landfill.
House Clearance in Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Bradford house clearances
The average house in Bradford has 27 items of furniture, so removing these is usually the biggest task. We can help remove and responsibly dispose of:
- Furniture – sofas, beds, tables and chairs
- Carpets – tufted and woven carpets, rugs
- WEEE – TVs, computers, and lights
- White goods – fridge freezers, washing machines, and tumble driers
- Bags of junk – old clothes, books, crockery, and bric-a-brac
How a house clearance in Bradford works
Start by getting a free quote tailored to your needs for a house clearance in Bradford. Provide details of the property type and address, and when you want it cleared – as well as the types and the number of items you want removing. We can then book a date that suits you.
One of our purple vans or trucks will come out on the day with a couple of our team. They’ll lift and load all your waste items into the van, so you can relax. Then it’ll be driven to a nearby waste transfer station. Two trips may be required, depending on the size and amount of waste being removed.
The items will be checked and sorted. Anything in decent condition might be donated to a local charity or community cause for reuse. Everything else will be sent for recycling or responsible disposal alongside similar materials – diverted away from landfill. You’ll receive a free duty of care certificate confirming its responsible disposal.
Who needs house clearance in Bradford?
House clearance services in Bradford are essential when you’re getting rid of big items before moving home. There are around 6,900 residential property sales in Bradford every year, of which about 44% are terraced houses and 34% are semi-detached homes. When moving out or in, house clearance services help get the property in a good state.
Clearing a property after a death, preparing for new tenants as a landlord, or simply getting rid of a few big items at once are all times when Bradford house clearance services can help
Homeowners, renters, landlords, students, and families all use such services when:
- Preparing to sell a home and getting rid of anything you won’t take with you.
- Buying a new home and clearing out anything the previous owner has left behind or when making renovations (such as tearing up carpets).
- Moving out at the end of a tenancy and getting rid of any large items you own that you can’t take with you.
- Clearing out a property after a friend or family member’s death.
- Having a spring clean and getting rid of lots of bags of waste or a few bulky items at once.
Get a free quote
Local recycling centres in Bradford
There are eight household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) in Bradford where residents can take all sorts of domestic waste. This includes furniture, carpets, white goods, electrical appliances, and more. You must have a resident permit to visit in a car or a van permit if using a van, permit, or trailer.
Limitations apply to the amount of certain waste types you can dispose of at any Bradford HWRC:
- Mattresses, bed bases, and frames – up to 4 per year
- Sofas, chairs, and other cushioned seating – up to 2 per year
- Carpets – up to 6 per year
- Televisions – up to 3 per year
- Computers – up to 2 per year
- Large domestic appliances (fridge or freezer) – up to 2 per year
- Separated clean soil, hardcore, tiles, bricks and rubble – up to 12 x 25kg bags or two full car loads per year
- Bathroom suite – 1 per year
- Fitted kitchen – 1 per year
For landlords and businesses, you can only take commercial waste to the two waste transfer stations in Bradford – at Keighley and Bowling Back Lane. You must be a licensed waste carrier and charges apply to dispose of waste at these sites.
Bradford Council provide a bulky waste collection service for residents. It costs £20 for up to five items and £35 for between six and 10 items. However, collections are only possible on one day a week (based on your postcode) between Tuesday to Friday, 6am to 5pm. They cannot collect fitted kitchen units, bathroom suites, mirrors, windows, doors, rubble, soil, or brick.
Bradford charity furniture collection
Many charity shops across Bradford will take old furniture off your hands and some even provide free collection services. Plenty also accept donations of white goods and other household appliances in working order. Most items are sold in charity shops with profits going to support the specific cause.
When clearing a house, this provides a sustainable way to get rid of old furniture and appliances in Bradford. It saves on the energy required for recycling and materials needed to make new furniture while supporting a good cause. Bradford charities that accept donations of old furniture include:
- British Heart Foundation – offers free collection of bulky items including furniture and appliance, which are sold in Bradford’s BHF furniture and electrical store.
- Keighley Furniture Project – provides a free collection service for furniture that’s reused, upcycled, and recycled from households in the Keighley and Skipton area.
- Newlands Furniture Service – has a free collection service for large items including furniture and appliances from households within 15 miles.
- RSPCA – free collections are available for furniture to the Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and District Branch, with items resold in 10 shops across the region.
- Scraptastic – send a photo of the item(s) to this scrap store in Shipley and they’ll let you know if they can use it or not.
- Freecycle and Freegle – advertise any items from a house clearance in Bradford on these sites for free to residents.
Why use Divert for a house clearance in Bradford?
Clear a house anywhere in Bradford quickly and easily with Divert. Whatever type of property and amount of waste items you need removed, we can provide a fast, flexible, and affordable solution. Get a free quote tailored to your needs with fixed prices and labour costs included.
Our team will do all the lifting to save you the effort and time, while we have vans and trucks of various sizes to accommodate any amount of waste. Plus, we divert all waste away from landfill to ensure your Bradford house clearance has a positive effect on the local environment.
We’re based in Yorkshire too with great connections to waste sites across Bradford. Our drivers know the roads and area well, helping deliver fast and efficient furniture removals and house clearances anywhere in Bradford and the surrounding towns and villages at a time and date that suits you.
- All household waste removed in Bradford
- Household clearances across Bradford
- Free no obligation quote
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Waste diverted away from landfill
Reliable house clearance
Coverage across Bradford
Excellent ExperienceMark RM
This was my first time of using this company and I have to say they made the process really simple. The customer service was great from Marcus Pickles and Josh Leather, with the collection going really smoothly. Will certainly use them again in the future.
Arrange a Bradford house clearance todayGet a free no obligation quote for a house clearance anywhere in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Tell us what you need removed, where from, and when and we’ll book your Bradford house clearance. One of our friendly and expert team can help if you’ve got any questions or want some advice.
Get a free quote
Where can I book a house clearance in Bradford?
Book a house clearance anywhere in Bradford, from city centre apartments to terraced houses in Fagley and semi-detached homes in Birkenshaw. We can collect furniture, white goods, appliance, and other household waste from anywhere with a BD postcode across the city and wider district. Arrange a house clearance in:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
How do I get rid of furniture in Bradford?
There are a few options for furniture clearance in Bradford from your home, which include:
- Taking your old furniture to a nearby HWRC – but ensure you stick to any disposal limits for the furniture type.
- Arranging removal by Divert at a time and date that suits you. This ensures your old furniture is reused, recycled, or disposed of responsibly and not in landfill.
- Booking a bulky waste collection slot with Bradford Council. Charges and limits apply, and collection is only available on select days depending on your Bradford postcode.
- Donating to a local charity in Bradford, whether you drop it off yourself or use their collection service (if available).
How long does a house clearance in Bradford take?
The number, size, and type of items you need removed as well as the size, shape, and location of the house all affect how long a clearance takes. When we provide a free quote we can also estimate how long the clearance should take.
Our team work quickly and efficiently to clear the furniture, appliances, and any other waste from the property. Some clearances may need more than one trip, but we can advise if this is likely to be the case when we provide a free quote