Every Bradford business creates some level of general waste, as not all rubbish is recyclable. It’s a legal requirement that licensed waste carriers remove any general waste from your premises to ensure responsible disposal. Commercial general waste covers everything you’d throw away in your household green bin provided by Bradford Council.
While Bradford Council provides green bins for domestic general waste removal, businesses must arrange commercial waste collection to get rid of any non-recyclable rubbish safely. At Divert we provide free bins for general waste in Bradford – you just pay for collection by our licensed waste carriers. And we divert all general waste away from landfill.
General Waste In Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Bradford general waste collections
Households in Bradford currently recycle around 39% of domestic waste, which means about 61% of household rubbish produced in Bradford is thrown away as general waste. Examples of general waste Bradford businesses produce that we can collect regularly and reliably include:
- Snack wrappers and packets (that aren’t recyclable)
- Food scraps
- Used paper towels
- Polystyrene trays and packets
- Broken ceramic crockery
- Metal pots and pans
How commercial general waste collection works in Bradford
Request a free quote for general waste collection in Bradford based on the size and number of bins you need, how often you want them collected, and where you’re based. Then we can book your collections and will deliver your general waste bins for free. Fill each bin with non-recyclable rubbish and within any weight limits.
Wheel the full general waste bins to the agreed collection point ahead of the pick-up time. One of our purple trucks will visit and remove them, possibly replacing them with new bins. Our licensed waste carriers then drive your general waste to a nearby waste transfer station in Bradford.
The general waste is then checked, sorted, and sent to a facility away from landfill. This may be to an energy recovery plant, where the waste is incinerated and used to generate heat and energy. This avoids your general waste ending up in landfill and adding to local pollution levels.
Who needs general waste collection in Bradford?
Every business in Bradford needs licensed waste carriers to collect and dispose of all general waste they produce. You’ll always create some amount of general waste, such as food scraps, wrappers, and used tissues, however hard you try to increase your commercial recycling rates. Responsible disposal is essential.
Hotels in Little Germany to shops in Wyke and Saltaire coffee houses all need general waste collection. At Divert, our licensed waste carriers can collect general waste from any size business, whatever your industry, and however much general waste you produce.
The main businesses we assist with general waste collection in Bradford include:
Get a free quote
Why use Divert for general waste collection in Bradford?
Dispose of your commercial general waste responsibly and divert it away from landfill to help keep Bradford as green as Horton Park. This helps you save money on landfill tax too. And we provide free bins with no rental or delivery charges to help you make further savings on your commercial waste management in Bradford.
Get a free no obligation quote tailored to the exact general waste bin collections you need in Bradford. We’re based in Yorkshire with strong connections to Bradford waste sites and our drivers know the roads well.
A truly local approach helps you get rid of your general waste in a fast, reliable, and responsible way anywhere in Bradford.
- General waste diverted away from Bradford landfill sites
- Flexible general waste collections to meet your needs
- Free no obligation quote for general waste collection
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Free bins for your general waste anywhere in Bradford
Collections across Bradford
Arrange commercial waste collection in BradfordGet a free quote for general waste collection in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Simply tell us the sizes and number of bins you need, how often you want them collected, and where you’re based in Bradford. If you’ve got a question or want some advice one of our friendly and expert team can help.
Get a quote
Where can you collect general waste in Bradford?
General waste collection is available anywhere in Bradford, from businesses in Barkerend and Belle Vue out to Baildon and Bingley. We can deliver free bins and collect waste from anywhere with a BD postcode. Arrange general waste collection in Bradford from:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
What can you put in a green bin in Bradford?
Domestic green bins in Bradford are for general waste. These are provided by Bradford Council and should only be used for household waste that can’t be recycled. This includes food scraps, non-recyclable food wrappers and packaging, nappies, certain plastics, and bags of dog poo.
How much does general waste collection cost in Bradford?
Bradford general waste collection costs depend on the number and size of bins you need, how regularly they’re collected, and where from in the district. You can combine the best bin sizes and collection frequencies for cost-effective general waste management. To see how much Bradford general waste collection could cost you, call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online for a free quote.