Bradford has a thriving food scene with more than 550 restaurants across the city and over 750 takeaways in the district. These include its renowned curry houses, modern Italian restaurants, and traditional pubs serving classic British dishes. However, every restaurant, café, and takeaway creates some level of food waste in Bradford.
We divert all food waste away from landfill sites in Bradford, as it produces methane when it breaks down, adding to methane levels. Instead, it’s sent for composting or anaerobic digestion to convert waste food into energy. This helps protect the local environment and keep the city as green as Lister Park.
Food Waste Collection Bradford
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your waste
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of waste
- Claim your free bins
- Collections across Bradford
Food recycling in Bradford
Waste food is unavoidable in the food service industry, though you can take steps to reduce it. At Divert, we can provide free bins to store your waste before arranging collection of all sorts of food waste in Bradford, such as:
- Leftovers from customers
- Dairy foods – eggs, cheese, and cream
- Raw and cooked meat and fish, including bones
- Raw and cooked fruit and vegetables
- Tea leaves, bags, and coffee grounds
- Rice, pasta, and bread
Get a free quote for food waste collection in Bradford today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online.
How commercial food waste collection in Bradford works
Start with a free no obligation quote. Provide a few details about the sizes and number of food waste bins you need, where you’re based in Bradford, and how often you want them collected. Then we can book your food waste collections and will deliver the bins to your business for free.
Fill each bin with food waste only and within its weight limits. Move it to the accessible pickup point ahead of the agreed collection time. One of our purple trucks will come and remove your bins, replacing them with new ones. Our licensed waste carriers transport your food waste to a nearby waste transfer station.
The food waste will be checked and sent for responsible disposal, away from landfill. It could end up at an anaerobic digestion plant, where the waste food is broken down through a process that creates energy, or it may go to a composting plant. You receive a free duty of care certificate for proof of its responsible and legal disposal.
Who needs food waste collections in Bradford?
Any organisation that creates waste food in Bradford beyond just a few scraps must use separate food waste bins and arrange collection by licensed waste carriers. If you only produce a few food scraps, such as bits leftover from lunch in an office, these can be disposed of with general waste.
Restaurants around Centenary Square, cafes in Saltaire, and takeaways in Allerton, Manningham, Idle, and elsewhere all need regular food waste collections. This keeps your premises clean and hygienic, avoiding a build-up of leftover food and waste ingredients that can start to smell.
Some of the main organisations that need waste food collections in Bradford are:
Free food waste bins in Bradford
Get free food waste bins delivered to your Bradford business – just cover the collection costs. There are zero rental or delivery charges. We provide a range of 240 litre wheelie bins to store your waste food, whatever its type. These are the largest available bins for food waste.
They’re the same size as your household waste bins provided by Bradford Council. The two wheels make them easy to move around and move close to the point of production (such as in your commercial kitchen). Each one holds the equivalent of three to five bags of waste. Arrange delivery and collection of as many food waste bins as you need.
Get a free quote
Why use Divert for food waste collection in Bradford?
Divert all your commercial food waste in Bradford away from landfill to help look after the local environment and save money on disposal costs. Recycling waste food from your business reduces the amount of landfill tax you pay, whether it goes to a composting or anaerobic digestion plant.
Arrange regular and reliable food waste collections anywhere in Bradford with Divert. Tailor our services to meet your needs, including the number of food waste bins and how often they’re collected. Free bins delivered provide an affordable way to stay in control of your waste food management in Bradford.
We’re based in Yorkshire with strong ties to waste sites around Bradford. Our drivers know the roads and surrounding areas well, which helps us offer fast, flexible, and cost-effective solutions for food waste collection anywhere in Bradford. Get a free no obligation quote for Bradford food waste collections to get started.
- All food waste collected in Bradford
- Flexible Bradford food waste collections to suit your schedule
- Free no obligation quote tailored to your food waste
- Regular and reliable food waste collection in Bradford
- Fixed costs including labour
Collections across Bradford
Arrange food waste collection in BradfordGet a free quote for food waste collection in Bradford – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. All we need are a few details about the amount of waste food you create, how often you want your bins collected, and where your business is based. One of our friendly and expert team can help with any questions.
Get a free quote
Where do you collect food waste in Bradford?
Food waste collections are available anywhere in Bradford and the wider district. We can deliver free bins and remove them from city centre hotels out to Baildon restaurants and takeaways in Queensbury. Anywhere with a BD postcode is eligible for food waste collections, as we cover:
- Bradford City Centre, Little Germany, and City Park (BD1)
- Eccleshill, Five Lane Ends, and Fagley (BD2)
- Barkerend, Thornbury, Eastbrook, Pollard Park, and Undercliffe (BD3)
- Bierley, Laisterdyke, Tong, and Holme Wood (BD4)
- Bankfoot, Little Horton, Marshfields, and Ripleyville (BD5)
- Buttershaw, Wibsey, Woodside, and Odsal (BD6)
- Great Horton, Lidget Green, and Horton Grange (BD7)
- Manningham, Girlington, Four Lane Ends, and Belle Vue (BD8)
- Heaton, Daisy Hill, Chellow Heights, and Chellow Grange (BD9)
- Apperley Bridge, Eccleshill, Idle, Ravenscliffe, and Thackley (BD10)
- Birkenshaw and Drighlington (BD11)
- Low Moor, Oakenshaw, Wyke, and Delph Hill (BD12)
- Cullingworth, Clayton Heights, Denholme, Queensbury, and Thornton (BD13)
- Clayton (BD14)
- Allerton, Norr, Wilsden, and Sandy Lane (BD15)
- Bingley, Cottingley, Eldwick, and Harden (BD16)
- Baildon and Shipley (BD17)
- Saltaire, Windhill, and Wrose (BD18)
- Cleckheaton, Gomersal, and Scholes (BD19)
- Cononley, Cross Hills, Silsden, Steeton, and Sutton-in-Craven (BD20)
- Hainworth and Keighley (BD21)
- Cowling, Haworth, Oakworth, and Oxenhope (BD22)
How do I dispose of food waste at home in Bradford?
You can throw away food scraps in your household green bins for general waste in Bradford. This is fine for leftovers, fruit and veg peel, and expired ingredients. Another alternative is to create a compost pile at home and add any domestic food waste to it. You can also take household food waste to your nearest HWRC in Bradford for disposal.
How many food banks are in Bradford?
There are 23 food banks across Bradford. These provide food parcels for those eligible and you may need a referral to use one. Bradford foodbanks can be found all across the city and wider district, from Bradford Community Kitchen to foodbanks in Bingley, Keighley, and Ravenscliffe.