Responsible mattress disposal in Leeds is essential to recycle and reuse as many of these big, bulky items as possible. It’s even more important in West Yorkshire as Leeds has one of the worst rates of fly-tipping. There were 16,783 incidents recorded last year – of which mattresses make up around 13% of illegally dumped waste.
Most mattresses last for ten years or longer. When they start to sag it’s time to replace them so you continue to get a good night’s sleep. With almost 800,000 people living across Leeds, and even with many couples sharing, that’s a lot of mattresses thrown out every year.
At Divert we can collect mattresses from frame beds, bunk beds, sofa beds, sleigh beds, divans and more to recycle and dispose of responsibly. This includes single, double, queen, and king-size mattresses of any age and condition from your home or business.
Mattress Collection In Leeds
Get a quick quote
Get a quick FREE quote for your mattress removal
- Quote within 1 hour
- All types of mattresses
- Claim your free bins
- We cover all of Leeds
How mattress removal works in Leeds
Tell us the size, type, and number of mattresses you’re getting rid of, where from in Leeds, and when you want them removed. We’ll provide a free no obligation quote based on your case. If you’re happy with the fixed price, which includes labour costs, we can book your mattress removal at your chosen time and date.
On the day of collection, two of our team will come out in one of our purple vans or trucks to your address. They’ll lift and carry your old mattress and load it up, so you don’t have to worry about breaking a sweat. Then it’ll be taken to a local waste transfer station in Leeds for reuse or recycling.
We divert as many mattresses away from landfill as possible, so if it’s in decent condition it might be donated to a charity or organisation. However, most mattresses at the end of their life simply need disposing of. They’ll be checked and sent for recycling or incineration depending on their state.
Mattresses that are recycled are broken down and their individual materials separated, such as the springs and foam. These are then recycled alongside other similar materials. Springs can be melted down with other metals of the same type and turned into new metal products, while foam may be turned into carpet padding.
Get a free quote
Leeds City Council mattress collection
Leeds City Council offers an unwanted items collection service for private residents who live in the Leeds council tax area. This includes the collection of mattresses. However, you are limited to four collections per year and each collection can only include a maximum of five items at a time.
Collections can be made on Monday to Saturday at any time between 7am and 5pm. The council won’t come into your home, so you have to leave the mattress outside within your home’s boundary before 7am on the day. You must cover your old mattress with waterproof sheeting to prevent it from getting wet.
Donate your mattress in Leeds
Any mattress that’s not soiled, damaged, or has completely lost its spring could be donated to a charity in Leeds. This is a sustainable option that avoids old mattresses ending up in landfill, saves on the energy required for recycling, and can help those in need.
There are a few organisations in Leeds that accept mattress donations, and some even provide a free collection service. Any mattress must be in a good condition to consider donating it to:
- Leeds and Moortown Furniture Store – offer a collection service for furniture and bedding, including beds and mattresses.
- Revive Leeds – accepts old mattresses in Kirkstall and Seacroft but doesn’t provide a collection service.
- Emmaus Leeds – takes old mattresses, beds, and furniture with a free collection service. Items are resold in their shops to support homeless people in the community.
- St Gemma’s Hospice – free collection is available for furniture including beds and mattresses in a good condition.
- St Luke’s Cares – offers free collection of up to nine items, including mattresses and beds that are sold in their shops.
Responsive & ProfessionalJoanne Buckley
Responsive and professional. The team were great from initial call over the phone to when they picked up the old furniture. I called through to request a quote and they managed to book in to pick up at 0830 the next day…excellent service.
Why use Divert for mattress collection in Leeds?
Responsibly get rid of any old mattress from your home or business in Leeds with ease. Don’t worry about how you’ll fit it in your car to take to the tip or it ending up in landfill and harming the environment, as with Divert labour is included and we recycle and reuse as many mattresses as possible.
Enjoy a free quote with no obligation to see how much you can save on mattress disposal in Leeds. Our fixed prices include labour costs, while for businesses it can save you money on landfill tax as we divert mattresses away from landfill.
We’re based in Yorkshire with great connections to waste management sites across Leeds and knowledge of the local area. This helps us deliver an effective and affordable mattress disposal service in Leeds wherever you’re based.
- Any size mattress collected in Leeds
- Reliable mattress removals anywhere in Leeds
- Free no obligation quote for mattress removal
- Fixed prices with no hidden fees
- Old mattresses recycled and diverted away from landfill
Reliable mattress removal
Collections across Leeds
Arrange mattress disposal in LeedsGet a free quote for mattress removal and disposal in Leeds today – call 0333 444 0118 or contact us online. Just let us know the size and number of mattresses, where you need them collected from and when. If you’ve got any questions, one of our friendly team can answer them for the best solution to dispose of your old mattress.
Get a free quote
Where can I book mattress collection in Leeds?
Mattress collection is available anywhere in Leeds from your home or business. We cover everywhere from the city centre out to surrounding villages and towns such as Harewood, Cottingley, and Otley. Arrange mattress collection from anywhere with an LS postcode, including:
- Leeds city centre (LS1)
- Woodhouse and Little London (LS2)
- Burley and Kirkstall (LS3 and LS4)
- Headingley, Hyde Park, and Meanwood (LS6)
- Chapel Allerton, Chapeltown, and Sheepscar (LS7)
- Roundhay, Harehills, and Oakwood (LS8)
- Burmantofts, East End Park, and Halton Moor (LS9)
- Hunslet, Middleton, and Stourton (LS10)
- Beeston, Cottingley, and Holbeck (LS11)
- Armley, Wortley, and New Farnley (LS12)
- Bramley, Moorside, and Rodley (LS13)
- Seacroft, Thorner, and Killingbeck (LS14)
- Cross Gates, Colton, and Temple Newsham (LS15)
- Adel, Cookridge, Lawnswood, and Bramhope (LS16)
- Alwoodley, Moortown, Shadwell, and Harewood (LS17)
- Horsforth (LS18)
- Yeadon, Rawdon, and Carlton (LS19)
- Guiseley (LS20)
- Otley (LS21)
- Methley, Rothwell, and Woodlesford (LS26)
- Morley, Churwell, and Gildersome (LS27)
How can I get rid of a mattress in Leeds?
To get rid of a mattress in Leeds there are a few things you can do:
- Take it to your nearest household waste recycling centre.
- Arrange unwanted items collection by Leeds City Council.
- Donate it to a local charity in Leeds.
- Book mattress removal in Leeds with Divert.
Can you collect beds in Leeds?
We can collect beds and mattresses from homes and businesses anywhere in Leeds. If you’re getting rid of a bed frame and mattress at the same time, we can do this in one collection to make things quick, easy, and cost-effective. We can remove a wide range of bed frames, including single, double, bunk beds, and more.